Thought I would share this with you guys

DmnStr8

Apr 16, 2005
NH
About two years ago I lived in an apartment next to a large salvage yard. Well in the back yard was a trailer with an OLD GTO shoved into it.

DSCN0001.jpg

Past it was a trail. Well one day I decided to find where it lead. Of course as I got down it I found "No Trespassing" and "Keep Out" signs. Which of course ment something good was around the corner so I kept going. Parked in the middle of the trail was an International Harvester dump trunk. I figure it was there to block it from vehicles.

DSCN0005.jpg

Soon I came upon the first car

DSCN0006.jpg

The the trail opened into a clearing full of cars. It was the yard owners private stash of parts cars. Lots if Impalas and 2nd gen firebirds, GTO's, and misc GM cars.

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

They say lichens are a sign of a healthy eco system. Apparently moss grows on the north side of a firebird as well

DSCN0021.jpg

And my favorite. A 68 camaro. Is in rough shape. But I bet someone could make her sexy again

DSCN0017.jpg

I peaked under the tarp and shes in restorable condition. Obviously someone thought they would return for her.

Anyway I was organizing my pics and I found these and I thought you guys would like them. Sad in a way. But a cool find. I went out there a lot to just sit and read or smoke a cig and drink a beer. It was a cool secret garden for an x gm guy.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0022.jpg
    DSCN0022.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0018.jpg
    DSCN0018.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0020.jpg
    DSCN0020.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0021.jpg
    DSCN0021.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0017.jpg
    DSCN0017.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Sponsors (?)

Most likely the person that owns them won't let them go..my experience with finds like that are, the owner wants to watch the cars rot and not be restored...

I've located a '65 fastback that's been in a garage, disassembled for 20+ years. The owner claims he will sell it, but, won't give me tha time of day to look at it.:nono:

theres a place here about 30 minutes outside of town like that. i went with a friend to get a throttle cable for a 89 coupe. the guy that had it...... gravel driveway about 200 yards long into the woods, 3 old school buses, full of mustang parts, wheels etc. fox cars everywhere, on both sides of the driveway. then he had about 10-15 acre meadow, full of mustangs and other ford cars. was awesome. have to know the guy to get anything, he wont deal with people just walking up.

wow, thats awesome. Mybad70, do you remember the guys name? My dad's friend's dad owns a place like that in your neck of the woods, I've seen pics, it's awesome. Is he an older guy? His daughter drives a 60's msutang, I think red. They also have a bunch of tbirds as well.

grey5.0beast said:
wow, thats awesome. Mybad70, do you remember the guys name? My dad's friend's dad owns a place like that in your neck of the woods, I've seen pics, it's awesome. Is he an older guy? His daughter drives a 60's msutang, I think red. They also have a bunch of tbirds as well.

no clue, i didnt get to meet the guy. he wasnt there when we got there. but 10 min after we got there, someone came out questioning us. wanted to know who we were etc lol. i dont think he's a older guy, his g/f came out right before we left and she was close to my age.

id like to get my hands on that 1st impala, my dad had one identical, when he was younger then me.. and my uncle his brother own an old fire-bird... i bet if i could get both cars out of there, they would do a build off and bring back there child hood... that would be awsome, im gonna try and find pics of there old hot-rods...

wythors said:
Man,the hood on that Formula would bring a grand on eBay.

That Camaro is actually a 69.

Lol, actually I looked at my original pics and I had it labeled as a 69 there. Eitherway I doubt I knew for sure. 67's are the only year I can identify for sure

Oh alot of these rides were hacked to ****. One rear end was removed from an impala by cutting the trunk floor out and then just hacking the axels off to get at the pumpkin. Most of the good parts were gone. But I bet the sheet metal could bring some in. I've thought of talking to the owner. They are still my landlord so I see them once a month.

Just don't want to admit to tresspassing on to the back of the lot. Lol. The GTO is in very nice shape for a car left to sit. Wish I had the time, money and know how....