Throttle body whisel

darrylglenda96

Nov 12, 2021
LA
Good evening. I have 93 5.0 gt. Iam getting a Whistling sound coming from The air filter area. At idle and acceleration. Bbk. Cold air 70mm mass air, 65 mm throttle body. Going into cobra intake. Any idea why the air going into the air filter and tube is whistling very load? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I found some information on another furum, besides the throttle body having sharp edges expecial by the iac. The opening for the EGR. Read where a guy filled his with cork. And solved it. I'll try all of those. Much appreciated

If it only whistles when the IAC should be working at idle and at first at low rpm, it is the the IAC passages. (Some other brand whistle, but BBK has sold a lot of them. Top line F#.) Whistling under acceleration does not make sense for the normal issue.
Have you used a stethoscope (or hose to your ear) to verify the location?

I would NOT glue anything that might get sucked into the engine in the IAC passages.

Reactions: 1 user
My BBK 70mm used to be quiet but about a year ago started whistling. I tried smoothing out the IAC to no avail. Doesn’t really bother me anymore, sounds just like a pro charger so there’s that! Mine also lets out a big breath of air on shutoff