Throttle Body

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by "chip?" In my opinion, unless you change the timing for 93 octane or higher, a larger tb isn't going to do anything noticeable with your exhaust mods.
It has a Bama chip that changes timing, shifting points and octane requireKent’s.
What do you mean by "chip?" In my opinion, unless you change the timing for 93 octane or higher, a larger tb isn't going to do anything noticeable with your exhaust mods.
Bama 4 bank eliminator chip.

No plans yet to cam or supercharge. Would you add headers to my mods?

From what I have gleaned from searches, Mustang Forums(6) shorty headers give little real gain but long tube do. I believe on Auto's they are a real bitch( I think I read that OP recommended lifting engine) to install and service your starter. Myself I would just save up and supercharge if I wanted any real feel of that extra go power. Sure headers will still help and other parts but just a supercharger tuned right will give you a real kick in pants. If you get a tune and don't push the envelope the engine and tranny should last. I have seen differing opinions but many OP have said with the right tune you can get by with stock injectors.

Long tube headers are good boost in power. Probably about 15 hp to the wheels. To do them you will have to get a tune and either get a mid pipe that will fit it or cut and weld your existing mid pipe. It will require O2 sensor extenders. The task is a bit difficult but I have done a couple sets using an engine brace while dropping the K-member and front suspension off the car. After the money spent and the power per dollar and effort, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that recommends shorty headers.

Still its cheaper than supercharging but will not reap the huge power gains and ear to ear grins. Makes the car sound real good but so does blower whine.

Full disclosure I have longtubes on my Mach 1. Love them. Haven't supercharged yet but my car is a long term build as long as I don't wreck it. My old 04 GT was Procharged with full exhaust and put 400 to the wheels. Drove the car hard for probably 25k miles until the day it chipped a piston and I took it all apart and sold everything.

If you do a throttle body and upper intake you will have better throttle response but not more hp gains unless you have supporting mods. I went with a summit 78mm with matching plenum and noticed a big difference off the line. Automatic with stock manifolds ...no cats

Reactions: 1 user
If you’re not doing forced induction I wouldn’t spend a dime on headers and throttle body until you put a supercharger on it. If I’m not mistaken a used vortech or pro charger will push more power than the stock engine can take. I don’t believe the throttle body, intake, or exhaust manifolds are a restriction until you start going above 500hp which the engine can’t do. So if it was me doing it, I’d supercharge it before adding anything else. Then work the suspension.

Reactions: 1 user