Throttle Positioning Senor

madstyle1

Jul 10, 2004
My friend and I did a diagnostic test on my 04 GT it says that my Throttle Position sets at 18% instead of 0%.. I even went to Hayward Ford and bought a new TPS and it did the same thing.. I dont know what else to do to fix it... I have an Mac CAI and a Accufab 70mm TB and Upper Plenum on it right now.. Has this happen to anyone before??

• Sponsors (?)

madstyle1 said:
My friend and I did a diagnostic test on my 04 GT it says that my Throttle Position sets at 18% instead of 0%.. I even went to Hayward Ford and bought a new TPS and it did the same thing.. I dont know what else to do to fix it... I have an Mac CAI and a Accufab 70mm TB and Upper Plenum on it right now.. Has this happen to anyone before??

Check the output volts they should be .98

Like was said above check the TPS voltage. It should be around .95-99, but not above 1.0 volts. The is a adjustment for the throttle plate, and it also adjusts the tps.

Use the center wire, and the ground wire to set the voltage. The other wire will have a 5 volt signal on it. The use the adjustment on the side of the TB.

Scott :flag:

madstyle1 said:

You mean you actually got the TPS off? :hail2: Moving mine from my stock to Accufab TB took an act of god.