THROTTLE RESPONSE

tkd3rd

Aug 8, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
I have an '06 Mustang GT. There seems to be a hesitation almost like a dead spot when you press the accelerator. First there is nothing and then the car lunges. If you get on it there is no hesitation. Any idea what could be causing this??:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

there is a process to recalibrate the throttle by wire. Something like: turn they to the ON position (not starting the engine) slowing press the throttle to the floor, taking about three seconds, then slowly lift off of the throttle pedal, taking about three seconds, then turn the key to the off position.

That's supposed to recalibrate the throttle on the S197 cars. Google it!

Dead spots are common in DBW vehicles you can try the recalibration procedure it may help it may not cure it 100%. A delay is built in from the factory also when you floor it the factory tune doesn't fully open the TB blades until you reach around 3,500RPM then even though you're floored they close to about 80% after 5,500RPM. This is the reason why performance tunes dramatically increase performance, tuner eliminate the delay and when your floored they have the TB open 100% and stay that way until you let go.

No problem man. Happy to help. And Sparta's right... the factory programming on the throttle by wire stinks.... I have the SCT tuner in my garage right now, but I'm waiting to install it with some other mods. CAN'T WAIT to get rid of the screwy factory throttle tune. :)