Thumper and t-moss combo-how much HP ?

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
Running out of ideas for motor.I want to keep it stock for every day drivability,and bragging rites.How much hp would I gain with a lower t-moss intake,and thumper heads? I know,I know,I should change the cam,but I dont want to.Can I do this combo with the stock cam?

• Sponsors (?)

willys1 said:
Running out of ideas for motor.I want to keep it stock for every day drivability,and bragging rites.How much hp would I gain with a lower t-moss intake,and thumper heads? I know,I know,I should change the cam,but I dont want to.Can I do this combo with the stock cam?

Of course you can. What will happen is the car will perform like it does now with the same drivability and low end tq, but the power won't drop off anymore. I ran my current combo with stock cam on 1.7rr's and it performed really well. Yes, the B cam helped, but for a daily driver, I would have stuck to the stock cam. You can always go back and put a cam in there along with other mods. I would suggest the spring upgrade with the thumper heads, very worth it, no valve float to the rev limiter.

i'd say the tmoss thumper combo is good, i've got a tmoss ported lower and a set of ported heads but they're not thumpers but same concept. i noticed a nice increase in horsepower. a set of gears will really make you feel the differenca though. get the power to the pavement faster. just a thought

from stock to, F303 cam to1.6rr, Dad ported lower intake, Dad ported heads, 3.73, flowmaster exhast, o/r hpipe, 1 5/8 mac headers, i say it went from 225fwhp to 275-300fwhp, and is a heck of alot quicker:) no real times or dyno numbers but my vert sould run high 14s stock and now high to mid 13s, with way more topend pull e.i. 80 to 140mph its a big diffrence! worth evey penny!:)

Is the tmoss intake just a ported stock lower?

What is a good combo for the thumper heads, what intake manifold? Or just use the tmoss ported lower? Wouldn't the upper intake be limiting at that point?

I'm just curious, I haven't heard much about this combo.

Power... street ability... snappy throttle responce.. tire burning launches.... oh Hell yeah!! Velocity is the key!! and then the flow numbers to rock the top end!! Ported E7s will respond to any intake!! and cam!! and fuel delivery system!! The Beauty of the ported heads AND the ported lower is "Stealth" and cost !! Bolt on the heads, keep the stock cam, add TMOSS lower and your scaring the compitition, wondering what you did to get the power!! I really say your looking at 40-50 HP bolt on !! add a set of 1.7s to pick the cam up a bit, and your going to be pushing more power!! and all that is for LESS than a set of aftermarket heads and for sure LESS than heads and intake!! Today at Gainsville a Fox (92 Hatch) went from 13.30s to 12.58s @ 106 with my Ported E7s and B cam and a ported GT40 intake!! you wont see that kind of numbers, but you will be impressed!! It is a win-win!!

Just me..................................

Thumper

I got a 93lx so I cant get a super charger because of the different pistons they used.This seems like just the ticket.When I open a can of whoop ass on a vette,I can say look,Its all stock! Can I get the heads the same color as they came from the factory?Also with the rockers,I want a set up that will last the life of the motor without ever having to take the valve covers off again.Oh yeah,I already have 373's,410's are going in next week!

willys1 said:
...When I open a can of whoop ass on a vette,I can say look,Its all stock! Can I get the heads the same color as they came from the factory?Also with the rockers,I want a set up that will last the life of the motor without ever having to take the valve covers off again.Oh yeah,I already have 373's,410's are going in next week!

I love that factor, my car always gets underrated by people. When they see the heads, I tell them they are ported. The only thing is when I say it this is what they hear "stock ported E7 heads" and they picture me fumbling with a die grinder in my garage butchering my heads. The sad fact is after the trash talk, the only thing that gets butchered is the ignorant retards.

I am sure Thumper would leave them unpainted if you asked him to and your going to love the gears. Hold on tight.

90mustangGT said:
I love that factor, my car always gets underrated by people. When they see the heads, I tell them they are ported. The only thing is when I say it this is what they hear "stock ported E7 heads" and they picture me fumbling with a die grinder in my garage butchering my heads. The sad fact is after the trash talk, the only thing that gets butchered is the ignorant retards.

I am sure Thumper would leave them unpainted if you asked him to and your going to love the gears. Hold on tight.
Yeah,Im into that stock sleeper thing!Its great when you pull up to a new car,and they say,I remember those 5.0's they were pretty neat<thinking they are outdated,then you open the can of "woop a@s" :nice:

willys1 said:
I got a 93lx so I cant get a super charger because of the different pistons they used.This seems like just the ticket.When I open a can of whoop ass on a vette,I can say look,Its all stock! Can I get the heads the same color as they came from the factory?Also with the rockers,I want a set up that will last the life of the motor without ever having to take the valve covers off again.Oh yeah,I already have 373's,410's are going in next week!

Whoa whoa, first of all don't toss out the idea of a supercharger just because you have hyperreutectic pistons. Lots of people safely put forced induction on engines without forged pistons. A huge part of it is the tune...it can make or break an engine. I just hate to see anyone ditch the idea of a blower or turbo or nitrous just because they don't have forged pistons. As long as you keep the boost (or shot) within the car's fuel limits, you should be good to go.

Of course, heads are a great mod too. I love the gain that Thumper's heads gave me for the $$$. You'll likely make more power with AFR 165's but you'll also pay more for that extra power. If you're dead set on going fast on a budget, it can be done with Thumper's heads but it will take more work (or a lighter car). My car gets up and goes but I'd love to ride in a Thumper headed Fox just to be able to feel the difference in weight.

And you should love the jump from 3.73 --> 4.10 as long as you don't mind shifting a bit more around town. I did the same swap and the 4.10's have way more "ooomph." If you can hook, they are just plain nasty out of the hole. You may lose a MPG or two but the extra pull of the steeper gears is more than worth it!!