Ticking / Clicking noise from top/back of engine

For a few months now, my '05 GT has had this weird ticking or clicking noise coming from the engine. Seems to be coming from the back end of the engine. At first, it was only when I first started it up in the mornings. Then, little by little, is has gone longer and longer. It now continues to make noise for a while, especially at low rpms. I can't really tell if it changes with rpms, since I've only noticed the sound when I'm not revving up. Any idea what it could be?

Here's the video:
YouTube - 4.6L 3v Engine Noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQk7i5FEEmg

In this video, it sounds like the noise happens in "pairs", but this isn't always the case...it seems to be random.

• Sponsors (?)

Theres an arm on the back of the intake about a foot long. Its attached
to a lever on each end. Is right below where the heater core hoses go
through the firewall. Dont know what it is but when I wiggled it back and
forth it makes that same sound. You will need a flashlight to see it.
Any body know what that is?

No, it's not an exhast leak. It sounds like someone hit the block with a tack hammer twice, then again a 1-3 seconds later. The time between the pairs of clicks vary, even though the engine is idling at the same rpm. Sounds like something is loose.

I believe the the bar you are talking about may be for the cmcv system. There is a motor mounted at the back of the intake that controls the cmcv plates inside the intake runners. Are you running delete plates or anything?

That sure sounds like it's outside of the engine. Is there any solenoids around the engine in that area that could make that noise. Perhaps try placing your hand on some of the components ( be very careful of any moving parts) in that area and you might just feel the something when the click happens.

Good luck.