Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marvinmycat

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Decisions, decisions....

Well, I think it is time for a set of new chrome rims. After searching for hours, days even, trying to get the best bang for my buck, I've concluded that there is never a perfect match for what I want, and what is offered. I'm still trying to find 16" rims in something that looks good to me on my car, but the choices of black/chrome finish and deep dish in that size are quickly fading.

For my own reasons ($$$) I wanted to use the current summer tires I still have, which still have a few more years left on them, but there are some very nice deals out there for tire/rim packages, albeit that the tires offered aren't that impressive.

Anyway, for my car (old picture below) I'm in a toss up between Cobra R 95's, Cobra R 2003's and the ubiquitous Bullitt. I would like to run deep dish rims in the back or use wheel spacers, spacers not my being first choice, to fill out the way the rear end looks, but I'm still up in the air. Post your vote, and let me know what your thoughts are.

Also, if you have any of these rims on your SN95, post a pic so I can better decide (Photoshopping or Tirerack comparisons leave a lot to be desired).

The other thought I'm having on this subject, is that if someone is in the market for some deep dishes in the rear, while running a normal rim upfront, maybe two of us could go in together on purchasing two sets of each, and then splitting up the purchases for shipping.

Also, with some rim combinations including all chrome or gunmetal, while running a normal rim upfront, the rear deep dish rims have bling bling rivets in them. While they wouldn't be an all-four-corners-match, what are the thoughts of going this route?

I can't seem to find a black/chrome Cobra R match for the front, or a rear chrome Cobra R deep dish. If anyone can find them, let me know!

632380_20_full.jpg

Again, here's the choices I'm looking at:

17x9/10 Gunmetal Mustang Cobra R wheels and Gunmental deep dish
oe-gcr-5.jpg
oe-cobra-g-r-9-p-2-new.jpg

17x9 Chrome Mustang Cobra R
mustangtuning_1884_28450842

17x9/10 Black/Chrome Bullitt and deep dish
mustangtuning_1884_27095406
mustangtuning_1885_49687396

17X9 Chrome Bullitt
mustangtuning_1884_28450842

D'oh! Wrong pic. Oh well, you all know what they look like!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say the Black bullitts with the polished rim would be best for the dark green color of your car. I have a dark green car as well, and although my 2000 Cobra R's in the original silver finish look good, specialy with the silver stripes on my hood and rear bumper letters; However, I really want a set of the FR500 in black with the polished rim. I like the dark color and polished lip rims on a dark colored car.

Lambostang - Are those 18's on your car? They look good on your car.:nice: We'll address your tail lights in another thread some other time though. j/k

cruisinV6, can you post a pic so I can get some idea of how they look?

marvinmycat said:
Lambostang - Are those 18's on your car? They look good on your car.:nice: We'll address your tail lights in another thread some other time though. j/k

cruisinV6, can you post a pic so I can get some idea of how they look?

Yea they are 18's.

While I think 18's look cool, they're not for me, at least where I live. I need a little more rubber between the rims and the roads around here. The ancient Romans built better roads 2000 years ago than they do here now in Buffalo!

marvinmycat said:
While I think 18's look cool, they're not for me, at least where I live. I need a little more rubber between the rims and the roads around here. The ancient Romans built better roads 2000 years ago than they do here now in Buffalo!

HA HA it cant be that bad can it?? Roads here say I should have 17's too but thats why I drive the truck and the little pony stays parked.

The ubiquitous Bullitt is just that, but it comes down to looks, period. That is why I was eyeing the 95 Cobra R's. You don't see many of those, and that is pretty much it for what I think looks good on my car.

Going with the Y2K or 2K3 Cobra's, I think they are just too straight of a spoke to look good on an SN95 with the curves that it has. I haven't seen anyone here drive by with the black/chrome option.

There is no way I'd drive with chrome on during the winter. I have snow tires mounted on the stock rims during those months.

I've been kinda looking at rims for years, but there's nothing really out there that looks as good as Mustang specific rims - on a Mustang.

Except maybe for some 22" spinnas! Dey be blining man.

NOT!

I think I would go directly home and throw the rims away (non-Mustang) if a ricer pulled up sporting the same ones.:notnice:

marvinmycat said:
I've been kinda looking at rims for years, but there's nothing really out there that looks as good as Mustang specific rims - on a Mustang.

Except maybe for some 22" spinnas! Dey be blining man.

NOT!

I think I would go directly home and throw the rims away (non-Mustang) if a ricer pulled up sporting the same ones.:notnice:

LOL

Yo, dawg, dunt b hatin'. 22's are dope, yo. Uz b da maddest balla out their. Don't ya wanna b a madd playa, gettin them hoz an catching some of da thang???

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

View attachment 484235