Time for new mufflers, the bassani's are too weak.

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
Okay I have been running a set of bassani mufflers. The car sounds too weak with them. Kinda quite as well. I am thinking of switching to a set of spintechs. Which spintechs should I get. I know there are different ones. My current setup is MAC shorties, bassani O/R X. What do you guys think?

Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

95riosnake said:
Somebody has the SpinTech Pro Streets on here, can't remember which guy though. I know it was a white cobra though. If I had regular (rear exit) exhaust, I would have a pair of the pro-streets.

I know that spintech makes a couple mufflers, which ones are the louder ones and which are the quieter set?

Dustin

SuperDust22 said:
I am wondering if the Pro Streets will just be too loud. Thanks for the info. Do you guys think the Pro Streets will be too loud?

Dustin

If you check the faq sticky at the top of the tech page, there is a muffler shootout that lists HP and one that lists loudest to quietest, might help you out.

Adam

Black95GTS said:
If you check the faq sticky at the top of the tech page, there is a muffler shootout that lists HP and one that lists loudest to quietest, might help you out.

Adam

Yeah I have seen it, only problem is I don't know which spintech mufflers they used and I don't know which flowmaster they used. It makes it hard for me to compare.

Dustin

I don't know how your Bassani's are quiet. My friend had them on his '88 and '89 LX, and they were LOUD! He ran BBK shorties and a Bassani X (basically the same setup you have) and it was hands down one of the loudest and best setups I have ever heard on a Mustang with a full exhaust. Do you have the catback or just welded in mufflers?