time for new rotors, thoughts on lmr package?

Not aware of a spring behind the pads. What side of the caliper were they on, piston or outward side?
On top, not on sides.

Attachments

• 20210417_162753.jpg
    20210417_162753.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

IMG_0511.JPG
Do you mean the clip that some calipers have in the top slot of the caliper? I am not sure what it does, if my calipers had them I am pretty sure I don't have them now.

New pads have them installed. They are not removable. If they come off I would pitch the pad.
Got it, thanks.
Makes me a bit nervous now though seeing that it doesn't look like the pads that come with the kits have the springs. Maybe they are just general photos and not model specific though
Thanks again

Yes, they are an improvement, but a small one. The actual improvement comes more from the forced brake fluid bleed.

realistically, the difference in swell of the rubber lines to the braided is very slight. If you were to do the math of difference in the volume of fluid between the rubber and braided lines, the difference would be so small and translate to maybe 1/16-1/8” less pedal travel. Would you feel that? Not likely.

still...I run them
for some reason i am having trouble locating some, any chance you have a link?

So I was going to get one of the powerstop complete kits. Calipers, pads, rotors. Out of stock. Damn. Ok, so I will get the other kit from them. Out of stock as well. Awesome.long story short, I ended up ordering Callahan rotors and pads, and front and rear powerstop calipers separately. For whatever reason the rear calipers couldn't be delivered to my house but the fronts could. So I will have to pick up the rears at an Amazon hub.
Also ordered stainless steel brake hose for front and back. Everything should be here for this weekend except the front calipers.

Hopeful this weekend I will do everything I can other than the font calipers, including brake fluid flush. I'm a bit concerned about the stock front driver side caliper compressing enough for new pads. I was checking things out over the weekend and that thing didn't seem to want to budge.

so I got everything on without much trouble EXCEPT for the axle housing line.
When putting that line on, the connection to the passenger side hard line went fairly well, tightening the nut was a little hard. The problem became the driver's side. I couldn't get the nut to grip the threads much at all. I was doing this laying on my back in my driveway, which didn't help, and I hadn't yet disconnected the hard-line altogether as of yet to make it easier. eventually, I did disconnect the hard line so I could move it easier, still no dice. so I took it and tried to thread it into the old hose fitting. it was a little difficult but went in. because it was a little difficult, I attributed the difficulty with the new one to it just being difficult.
I was worried about cross-threading, but I lined it up straight and went for it. I immediately thought I cross-threaded it but at that point, it's ruined anyway, so I went all the way. at one point it was very difficult to turn the nut at all, and the brake line still wasn't fully seated. eventually, I cranked it down tight and the hard-line wasn't budging.

after I bled both sides, I had my wife pump the brakes, engine running (and engine off if that even matters) while I checked the connection (and all the other connections) and I didn't see any leaks. drove it a bit and didn't notice any problems.

for the moment, I will just keep an eye on the fluid level and check the fitting for any signs of leaking, but I'm like 98% sure the threads are ruined.

in my head I just want to buy a new axle hose and the rear hard lines and replace it all, BUT, if it's not leaking, is there any reason to replace these things now? I realize it's the braking system.

on a side note, I wasn't super impressed with the power stop caliper quality. the powder coat had several small chips and a couple of little bubbles, and the slide pins (or the assembly itself) weren't straight. I had to massage them a bit with a hammer to get the calipers to slide smoothly. and I think one pin is still hitting metal if you slide the caliper all the way.
I plan to talk to them tomorrow and see how they can work with me to fix this. both calipers are already installed, I am hoping they will ship replacements and I ship them back the ones I have so I am not without the car for an extended time.

I don't think they're going to do that.

It is one thing if you're putting an unworn shoe back in the box for a return after opening it.

It's another thing if you put those shoes on your feet and wear them for a week before deciding that you don't like the color.

Put another way: It's your job to inspect the part prior to installation.

I don't think they're going to do that.

It is one thing if you're putting an unworn shoe back in the box for a return after opening it.

It's another thing if you put those shoes on your feet and wear them for a week before deciding that you don't like the color.

Put another way: It's your job to inspect the part prior to installation.
Youre probably right.
Although, there a sketchers outlet here that let's you wear shoes for 45 days and you can return them.

Reactions: 1 user