timeless2: 2001 Roush Stage2 progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

Some pretty substantial updates...

Exhaust is done.
  • outlet tubes (from mufflers) replaced and welded in
  • tips reinstalled

The exhaust intonation is so damned sexy. I have never heard this note from a 4.6-liter Mustang before. The setup is SLP long tube headers, an unknown X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, and Roush side-exit exhaust tips. I hope to get a video for you guys soon.

Front braking system is nearly 100% new.
  • two new front rotors
  • new front pads
  • new right front caliper
  • stainless steel (braided) lines installed

New rear tires (Nitto NT05) are on. 'Nuff said.

Need to get the pads seated up properly and figure out the surge/hiccup at 3,000 to 4,000 rpm. No codes, but I suspect it's MAF or intake related.

Stay tuned.

Need to get the pads seated up properly and figure out the surge/hiccup at 3,000 to 4,000 rpm. No codes, but I suspect it's MAF or intake related.

Stay tuned.

The way you described it to me in our IM, it sounds like it might be ignition related to me. Might look into checking out the COP's? Definetly do a tune up if it hasn't had one yet.

Some pretty substantial updates...

Exhaust is done.
  • outlet tubes (from mufflers) replaced and welded in
  • tips reinstalled

The exhaust intonation is so damned sexy. I have never heard this note from a 4.6-liter Mustang before. The setup is SLP long tube headers, an unknown X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, and Roush side-exit exhaust tips. I hope to get a video for you guys soon.

Stay tuned.

i love my magnaflows on both cars. but the magnapacks sounds amazing with a off road h

Here are some pictures after a bath today. Needs a buff badly. The specks you see are bits of towel dust from drying it off.

Headed to the track here in a bit.

roush_left_071809.jpg

roush_right_071809.jpg

roush_rear_071809.jpg

Timmy, do me a flavor and take some pics from behind and low so I can see how the new tires look from behindthe car. :nice:

Thanks for the kudos, guys. :nice:

She turned a LOT of heads at the track today. Pretty neat, considering the paddock was slammed full of other hi-powered Mustangs (Roush, Shelby, etc), several Lotus vehicles, a couple of Porsches, and some BMWs.

Thanks for the kudos, guys. :nice:

She turned a LOT of heads at the track today. Pretty neat, considering the paddock was slammed full of other hi-powered Mustangs (Roush, Shelby, etc), several Lotus vehicles, a couple of Porsches, and some BMWs.
So how did she behave on the track?

So how did she behave on the track?

She did well. The front Nitto 555s sucked complete donkey's....you know. Felt like I was driving on wet pie pans. Thanks for asking, Bill. Today was amazing on the track. :cheers:

The surge came to a peak...not on the track (thankfully), but as I left. The SES came on as I rode off into the sunset.

Time to tackle that gremlin...

She did well. The front Nitto 555s sucked complete donkey's....you know. Felt like I was driving on wet pie pans. Thanks for asking, Bill. Today was amazing on the track. :cheers:

The surge came to a peak...not on the track (thankfully), but as I left. The SES came on as I rode off into the sunset.

Time to tackle that gremlin...
Thats great mang! Cant wait till I can hit the track again. How did the new Nittos fare on the track? Good grip out of the corners? I realize the old 555s were causing some understeer so kinda hard to see just how well the others did I guess. :shrug:

Sorry, whats a SES light?