Timing chain covers

• Sponsors (?)

Will a timing chain cover from 1985 5.0 work on a 93 5.0?

According to the summit application guide for the part they sell, yes it does. Don't take my word for it though, because I don't know myself.

*edit* They also say it fits on a 1968 302, but that would be the proper application, so once again, don't take my word for it.

*edit again* This one is only applicable for 87-96, makes me wonder if an 85 will work?

I had this issue with my buddys 84 stang, he put my 88 efi cover on it. All he needed to do was drill a hole for the dipstick tube. The older style covers had cutouts for the dipstick and fuel pump on the timing covers. I don't know what years they changed it but thats not a big deal because you can block those off if need be. What you need to watch out for is where the water pump mounts to. Your 93 needs to have a reverse rotation water pump. I don't know the years but some older ones did not have reverse rotation and will not work for you. Do you have both of them out so you can compare side by side? That'd be you best bet, if not, google image it

On my 93 lx I have 94-95 mustang front engine dress and 94-95 Vortech V2 S trim supercharger. I bought a Vortech V1 t trim with passenger side 87-93 brackets. I need to buy and change the timing chain cover, water pump, tensioner to the fox body type. My power steering and A/C have been gone for years.