timing cover, what vehicles???

It took you EIGHT posts to finally put up some hard data! :nonono: Obviously beating a thread to death before you prove your point is your style, wasting everone's time just to come out on top in smart Alec fashion. You must be real fun in a work environment meeting.

Anyway, the 60/90 degree type engines would lend the original poster of this thread to believe that perhaps the timing cover from an Explorer won't fit, but I'm sure he stopped reading this thread a long time ago and decided to just go buy a new one from the dealer instead of waiting on some sort of evidense to emerge from our pissing war.

Good job.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Traintruction.gif
    Traintruction.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

MarvinMyCat said:
It took you EIGHTposts to finally put up some hard data! :nonono: Obviously beating a thread to death before you prove your point is your style, wasting everone's time just to come out on top in smart Alec fashion. You must be real fun in a work environment meeting.

Anyway, the 60/90 degree type engines would lend the original poster of this thread to believe that perhaps the timing cover from an Explorer won't fit, but I'm sure he stopped reading this thread a long time ago and decided to just go buy a new one from the dealer instead of waiting on some sort of evidense to emerge from our pissing war.

Then why did you have to argue for 8 posts that I was wrong? When YOU are the one that was giving incorrect information in the first place. There is only person that looked like a fool in this thread.

Maybe take some personal responsibility for your ignorance on the subject. If you don't know... don't post. It's that simple.

onefaststang said:
This is one reason I stopped visiting stangnet. I'm glad you guys got your pissing war over with.

Thanks for the help, or lack there of. Maybe I will just buy the new one.

It really is a burr in my saddle when I see people spew out information, without any experience or first hand knowledge, that is totally wrong. There is way too much of it going around on the internet. How miffed would you be if you got a Explorer timing cover to find out it doesn't work?

I've had a supercharged V6 before some of these guys even had a license and they want to tell me what I don't know... when I know first hand with experience. It just warms me up. If I post information, you can believe it is accurate. I take responsibility to be accurate because I've chased after some the bad info in the past to just end up wasting money. SO I make it a point to be accurate and point out the inaccurate. It may tick a few off, but the truth needs to be made known first and foremost.

SteveC said:
This is what my old 97 with a split port 4.2 looked like... I occasionally miss it. It had 330rwhp the last time I dynoed it..

Just want to post it so people aren't think I'm just making it up...

http://public.fotki.com/svtryan/steve_cs_42l_superc/

She looked good, Steve. Was that an FMU I saw near the strut tower? What was the rest of your combo to get you to 330rwhp? Thats pretty much what Iam shooting for, something easily attainable, yet with plenty of grunt.

atlblue2000 said:
She looked good, Steve. Was that an FMU I saw near the strut tower? What was the rest of your combo to get you to 330rwhp? Thats pretty much what Iam shooting for, something easily attainable, yet with plenty of grunt.

That was an FMU, but it wasn't hooked up anymore. FMU's are a bandaid. That was acutally a pretty old pic. I totally redid the intake tubing and got rid of the Pro-M and went with a Lightning MAF.

My mods were: Powerdyne 11psi SC, 4.2L F150 block, split port heads, custom cam, long tube headers, Magnaflow catback, Mac H pipe, 36lb inj., Lightning MAF, Jerry tuned, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, 2002 T-5, Griffin radiator, and bunch of small mods. I actually ran out of injector on the dyno in which Jerry said it had another 10-20rwhp left in it.

I did all the work myself. It was a fun car.

SteveC said:
That was an FMU, but it wasn't hooked up anymore. FMU's are a bandaid. That was acutally a pretty old pic. I totally redid the intake tubing and got rid of the Pro-M and went with a Lightning MAF.

My mods were: Powerdyne 11psi SC, 4.2L F150 block, split port heads, custom cam, long tube headers, Magnaflow catback, Mac H pipe, 36lb inj., Lightning MAF, Jerry tuned, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, 2002 T-5, Griffin radiator, and bunch of small mods. I actually ran out of injector on the dyno in which Jerry said it had another 10-20rwhp left in it.

I did all the work myself. It was a fun car.

I'm an idiot. I know about the whole FMU thing; what made me ask about it was I saw a split port engine in there and automatically thought it was a 99+, hence my confusion with the FMU. But, I went back and looked at your car and realized I am just blind. Anywho...thats in the ballpark of what I am looking for.