Timing for force fed 5 Liters???

Dan Gray

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
I realize that this is going to be different for every engine built but im just getting into the force fed scene so im just trying to learn without building up too much cylinder pressure and popping the engine.......

My signature has all the parts i have in my combo but i run 8.35:1 compression with a T-trim Vortech running 17# of boost at 6500rpm. I also run C-16 race gas(117octane) and even back that up with Snow Performance Meth injection kit. I also run the WMS SDS Injection System to control the spark and fuel.

Now my Question is how much total timing do you feel i can run?
I am being very conservative at the moment and max timing is a total of 15 degrees from 5# of boost and up. Now im also being safe with fuel and am currently running a 11.0 fuel ratio from 5# of boost and up.

Im not sure if the race gas with the meth kit is over kill or not. Or if i should just run one or the other.....

I do realize that this is a very hard question to answer i would just like to know if im in the ball park or not cause im used to N/A cars and running over 30 degrees of timing......

Thanks
Dan

• Sponsors (?)