Tips on engine swap here!

slowhatch82

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2002
NJ Pine Barrens
Alright, I'm almost done putting my motor together on the stand, and im gona swap a few things from the motor in the car now....SO I have to pull that one out first, use the accessories, starter....that kinda stuff....

What are some good tips for pulling the motor and putting the other back in...
I put a new oil pump, water pump and timing chain on the newer motor...

Setup is gona be: Heads cleaned, removed EGR bumps, lightly ported, tmoss ported lower, pullies, full exhaust, and finally....3.73's!

should be a fun car once its all together! any tips would be helpful cus after this i gotta put a motor in yota! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

be nice if you could aquire, or allready have a set of gt40p heads and massage them instead of the E7s.
in stock form the Ps are good for 15hp imrovement, massaged can easily get 35 with the stock valves.
gasketmatch all ports. (worth few hundred more rpms out of stock cam)
windage tray/crankscraper for about 70$ keep the oil from splashing up on crank on lauch and stripped from crank in upper RPM, giveing some more free HP

New motor mounts are a wise choice if you do not already have them. New hoses and tune up as well. New clutch if 5spd too wouldnt hurt. Good luck, btw if you do motor mounts might as well do tranny mount too.
mike.