Tire pressure?

• Sponsors (?)

the tire placcard is there for a reason.

that reason being tire pressure on the stock goodyear tires

different tires call for different pressures, Ford doesn't make Nitto or BFG tires so they can't cover all tire specs

either way doesn't matter, Ford and the tire makers will have their pressure specs around 35psi anyway so like i said, it's not an exact science

I agree with everybody in here,

300,000 miles in sn95 mustangs and running 32-25psi has always worked for me. Even Treadwear. Just monitor it. On my new car I run 255/40's on all four, and I just keep an eye on them to see how the tread is wearing.

I agree with everybody in here,

300,000 miles in sn95 mustangs and running 32-25psi has always worked for me. Even Treadwear. Just monitor it. On my new car I run 255/40's on all four, and I just keep an eye on them to see how the tread is wearing.
Damn, thought you meant 300,000 on ONE Mustang, then I re-read, and it was plural. My car has over 250,000 miles on it alone :(

Sounds good. I was thinking anything in the 28-35 range was acceptable, but I remember reading a post a long time ago about a bunch of people complaining about uneven treadwear on 315's. Being that these tires are 280 a piece, I just wanted to make sure!

thanks guys!

stock tire pressure is 30 psi with 245's

with wider tires, there is more surface area spreading the weight of the vehicle out, so you can run even lower pressure.

Typically on street mustangs it's 28-35psi.

It's not an exact science though. Depends on the brand of tire, size, vehicle weight, weight of fatass driver, etc....