Tire Rack sucks

• Sponsors (?)

While tire rack is a good company, they need to educate their employees. I too have had to deal with a few tools from that company. Make no mistake, once I was done telling them how it is, and not how it was, they became straighter than my front end wheel alignment. And for the record, that's pretty damn straight. :rlaugh:

PISS ON TIRERACK I went with discount tire and get 305/
35r18 and they were huge so i took them back and got the 295/35r18 nitto's and here was all cool about it and i also got the warrenty for FREE so when it gets close to tire changing time....Nail in the tire....

Dallasgt01 said:
PISS ON TIRERACK I went with discount tire and get 305/
35r18 and they were huge so i took them back and got the 295/35r18 nitto's and here was all cool about it and i also got the warrenty for FREE so when it gets close to tire changing time....Nail in the tire....

Guess it all depends on how much hassle you want. I needed tires and didn't have time to wait to send tires back and forth... Plus they don't reimburse for shipping. You send them back at your own expense.

dougs01gt said:
Theseuys think there the almighty car experts. I talked with a guy today about getting tires for my new 18" rims. I said i wanted 265/35/18 and 295/35/18. This guy proceded to tell me that they wouldnt fit and the tires would rub unless i rolled my fenders. He stated that saleen rolls there fenders inorder to get these rims and tire combos to fit????? I stated that i have talked with many people and the rims and tires fit fine and he basically called me a liar. So i told hiem to cancel my 950.00 order and ill get them somewhere else. Tire rack are Frigging tools.

Saleen and Roush both roll their automobile rear fenders.

I have 275's on the rear and one of the tires was cut by my unrolled fender during a spirited driving session. I will be putting 285's on the rear next go around, but not before rolling the fenders.

Hop

Hop

new22003 said:
Ive had good luck with tirerack. Remember they go by manufacturers data. The can not reccomend certain tire combinations to avoid legal troubles.

Also remember that they also deal with dorks all the times. Guys wanting to fit too big a tire on too small a rim. Every guy wants a 10 inch tire on the back of his car but they dont want to pay for the correct rims.

:stupid:

You hit the nail on the head. Because of sue-happy people in this country, tirerack needs to make sure that the customer is ordering the proper size tire/rim combination for their vehicle. They are required by law to give you flak, or else if they don't then you could sue them for selling you tires which come flying off your rims and causing your accident, which in turn gave you neckpains, which in turn you needed physical therapy, and psychiatric evaluations, etc. :nice:

I have had nothing but great experiences from Tirerack. I've even ordered brakes from them, and shipping is very fast and cheap.

dougs01gt said:
Its not that they tried to sell me something that wouldnt work. I know what i want and what will work. The guy at tire rack told me i was wrong and i didnt know what i was talking about.

BTW if im going to spend close to a grand on tires dont you think i would have done my homework???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And since when does a 265/35/18 not work on the front of our cars??? How many people here have them???
They don't know you from the kid last week that ordered 20s for his civic and called back raising hell because they didn't fit. It does sound like they could have handled you a little better though as far as the comments. You will get that type of stuff anywhere sooner or later.
I had a friend last week that need some 295 50 15 Futura tires just to drive on while not on slicks. He called a local store and asked if they had any 295 -50-15s. They guy asked what kind of car. He was told a 96 GT. The guy said those will not fit. After a few minutes of checking , he came back to the phone and said, " maybe you would like tire like I have on my Mustang, They are 295-50-15" we fell on the floor laughing. Thats what you get sometimes. :D

I've only had one problem with tirerack. I got some 17's for my grand am and wanted some kumho low pro's, soooo I got on tirerack. I was going to order some 711 205/40zr17's. After a couple days some reviewer guy called and told me that he can't sell me the tires.
>I said why not? He told me that the load rating doesn't match the car. I asked him what the load rating was and he said it was something like 3900lbs.
>Well, I told him that my car only weighed 3200lbs (it did, if not a little less)
>he said he can't because the computer said that it doesn't match. :bang:
>I said "Ok, so what if I didn't have a car and I wanted to buy some tires for a set of wheels I had."
>He said "you have to tell me what car they are going on or I can't sell you any."
>I says to him "that is pretty $h!ty man. What if I just want a set of tires." .... I precede to say "Ok, so can I have them for my civic?"
>He said to me "Well, not from me because I already know that they are going on your grand am so I can't sell them to you." :bang: :bang:
>So I said "thanks alot for nothing and hung up."

I preceded to get back online and reorder for a civic. When I got back the order shipped e-mail, I also got one back from the guy that I talked to on the phone. Appearantly he was the one that reviewed my order again and I accidently chose the wrong car so he changed the model for me and send the order through. :nice: that was awesome. That was really the only problem that I had with tirerack. I can get them in 1 1/2 days for there warehouse too. :nice:

ya, i just ordered 4 michelin pilot sport a/s tires, brembo rotors, and organic pads for my mom's grand marquis. ordered them on friday and they delivered them this morning to my school. i actually ordered W rated, but they gave me ZR rated. the price for the brembo rotors was cheaper than an employee discount on motorcraft rotors. the guy on the phone seemed really smart and when i asked him about getting bullitt rims for the grand marquis he said it would look good and that they would work with me on getting the best deal possible.

Hoppy said:
Saleen and Roush both roll their automobile rear fenders.

I have 275's on the rear and one of the tires was cut by my unrolled fender during a spirited driving session. I will be putting 285's on the rear next go around, but not before rolling the fenders.

Hop

Hop

Ive owned two Roush vehicles and i can tell you.. they do NOT roll their rear fenders.

then again, I never owned a Roush vehicle with the suspension, so maybe they just do it to the cars with the suspension packages.

-Ryan

White360RFnSwee said:
Ive owned two Roush vehicles and i can tell you.. they do NOT roll their rear fenders.

then again, I never owned a Roush vehicle with the suspension, so maybe they just do it to the cars with the suspension packages.

-Ryan

The Roush cars I've checked have had them rolled. They also do a cleaner job than Saleen.
Roush = paint scored, fender lip rolled, undercoating applied to the area. :nice:
Saleen = paint scored, fender lip rolled, tape applied to the area. :notnice:

Hop