Tire Selection Help???

Possessed94

Active User
Nov 30, 2016
Charleston, Sc
I recently purchased a set of 17x8 American Racing Torque thrust rims. The rims are brand new in the boxes, have never been mounted and are discontinued. I know the size of the rim is still factory, and shouldn't be used with anything bigger than a 255 size tire. I wanted to know has anyone Atleast used a 265 in the rear, or is a set of et street radials made for this size rim?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Sponsors (?)

I believe they are torqlites, but regardless your right, technically 255's are the biggest you should go. You could get bigger tires on there though, 275 for example but they would bulge over pretty good

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I believe they are torqlites, but regardless your right, technical 255's are the biggest you should go. You could get bigger tires on there though, 275 for example but they would bulge over pretty good
I apologize they are the Torqlite, I keep seeing torque thrust when I look them up, that's where the confusion came in it. I appreciate the response most likely ill just run 245's in the front, and 255's in the rear. Hopefully I can find a radial in the 255.