Tire Suggestions

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
Cincinnati area
Sold my extra set of rims/tires, now its about time to order some new ones for what I have mounted! :banana:

Currently I have Bridgestone Potenza RE730's. 245/45/17.

The fronts aren't too bad, so I could just get rears, but I am not sure I can find these anymore.

Tirerack has a closeout on Potenza RE-01R's. Seems like a great price and reviews make them out to be great tires.
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R

Thought about Nitto's as well.

Don't really want to spend more than $150 a tire, and want something that is Extreme Performance since I don't really drive in bad weather and want to track the car some.

Any suggestions? Are the RE-01R's a good tire?

• Sponsors (?)

Firestone 721's!
7 strands, wrapped by 2, wrapped by one! :D

I'd say your on the rite track. Speaking of tracks, do you plan on going to it this year? If you answered yes then I would spend the money on DR's. Nitto's are "good", but are useless unless you heat them. And the 16 inch ones go for 140 a piece.
If I were you I would get M/T DR's. Thats all I wanna write in this thread. Bye

Firestone 721's!
7 strands, wrapped by 2, wrapped by one! :D

I'd say your on the rite track. Speaking of tracks, do you plan on going to it this year? If you answered yes then I would spend the money on DR's. Nitto's are "good", but are useless unless you heat them. And the 16 inch ones go for 140 a piece.
If I were you I would get M/T DR's. Thats all I wanna write in this thread. Bye

:rlaugh:

My plan is to hit both the strip and auto-x scene this year. I know I can find better than those Potenza's.....but crap I just can't get over that price.

With the money I'd save I could maybe find a set of used Welds for the back, along with some DR's. There's always some decent ones for sale that I could still get some use out of.

Yup....gonna give it a try. Gotta get a helmet and get my battery switch put on.

Also really need to change out my shocks. The guy put some cheapy KYB on there. With the way everything else is built on it....that's just a crime!

Alright arseholes....thanks for nothing! :D

I bit the bullet and ordered the Potenza's. Damn nice tire....$430 shipped for a set. I was looking to spend about $700 and just got the same type of tires for one heck of a price. And my mounting will be free thanks to a good bud of mine!

:banana:

:banana:

Eff street tires. What a waste of time. Go with a pair of Nitto Drag radials.

Nitto's hook up my 96 Cobra with 400RWHP, but they are useless on my 04 Cobra with almost 600RWHP.

Nitto's are good until about 450-475RWHP.

Eff street tires. What a waste of time. Go with a pair of Nitto Drag radials.

Nitto's hook up my 96 Cobra with 400RWHP, but they are useless on my 04 Cobra with almost 600RWHP.

Nitto's are good until about 450-475RWHP.

Wrong! Nitto's are good for 12.5 and slower cars. Anything with 450HP is good for 11's and possibly 10's in which case Nitto's are useless!!

Oh well....I still think I got a good pair of street tires for the price. I'm keeping my eye open on a local forum for some Welds with slicks or DR's for the back. I've seen em going for 100-200 for useable tires.

I have no patience and had 900 to spend from my wheel sale!

Wrong! Nitto's are good for 12.5 and slower cars. Anything with 450HP is good for 11's and possibly 10's in which case Nitto's are useless!!

My car is capable to go 11's with the power and MPH it has right now. I choose NOT to launch the car at anything higher than idle, since I drive the car to and from the track. I don't need to break. I've seen 03-04's dip into the 10's on Nitto's. They heat them and launch HARD.

Ok....those Nittos are nice but your price is not accurate...they're like 185 each! I was trying not to spend that much cuz I need the other money for my battery switch...helmet.....

and hookers.
They are $184 each. Okay, follow me here, 184x2= $368. They have free shipping so for two tires the total is $368.

And you work in a school :nonono:

My car is capable to go 11's with the power and MPH it has right now. I choose NOT to launch the car at anything higher than idle, since I drive the car to and from the track. I don't need to break. I've seen 03-04's dip into the 10's on Nitto's. They heat them and launch HARD.

Ive seen a lot of 03/04 Cobra's with Nitto's. And the Nitto's they use are some of the biggest street legal tire Ive ever seen tucked under a car. Size DOES matter! :D

They are $184 each. Okay, follow me here, 184x2= $368. They have free shipping so for two tires the total is $368.

And you work in a school :nonono:

Ok....maybe I confused you. I thought about just replacing the rears.....but overall I needed a good set of 4 for street use. I was not gonna mix front and rears unless I could find the same ones....which are apparently closed out.

So I just got my Potenzas, all 4 for like $430 shipped. Regular was nearly twice that. Seriously, tell me the tires I just ordered are not a badass tire for that price. Come on, I just got some real quality tires for less than the price of generic cheap ass tires.

Damn...u beotches are rough. I'm gonna run at the strip on those, and then if I need something better, I can probably buy a set of Welds with DR's really cheap for the strip.

Strip is not my priority.....handling is. :nonono:

Oh, $430 is for 4 is great :nice:

:lol:

Damn.

Someone just tell me those are some pretty good summer road grip handling tires for that price. I'm gonna run those on auto-x....they best do ok. I'm a noob to auto-x so I figure at this point my car and tires will outhandle my skill. And can't beat that price.

Damn....am I asking too much?

Do I even care since they are now ordered and hopefully be here soon! :shrug: