Tired of getting beat by turbo Jettas!

hey guys i dont blame you for getting pissed at DHGwhatever, his posts are out of line. but please,stop flaming the bullitts in general. They are more then just "GT's with intakes".Almost all bullitt owners respect all other mustang owners. were all the same breed. DHGwhatever just gives us all a bad name. he does not represent us accuratly at all.
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I have personally always liked VW's. I drove my cousins VR6 Jetta and I thought it drove really nice. It's no surprise that VW's are great on the freeway, that's what German cars (and European cars in general) are built for. Unless modified they usually don't stand a chance from stoplight to stoplight but top end racing is totally different. Sure the turbo models can be made fast, that is a given with any forced induction car (stock turbo or not). I give them respect where they deserve it.

JonDawg said:
Not to mention a 7500(?)RPM redline, I mean . . . D@m!!!, the skys the limit! :banana:

True, but running out that far on the stock turbo doesn't help much. Shifting around 6-6500 will put the revs back into the meat of the boost. I hate watching the needle on my boost guage fall, but I can deal with the 20psi spike :D

Xeno: What chip are you using? I had a '02 Jetta 1.8T wagon with GIAC X chip, Brullen 2.5" turbo back, ABD hollow sways, H&R cupkit, BMC CDA intake, NGP intake pipe (went from BMC intake down to bumper), Stratmosphere Hyperboost diverter valve, Oettinger front bumper, Votex skirts, Projektzwo rear apron, 18" Mille Miglia Action Sports, Toyo Proxes, and more. It was a blast to drive, but I only owned it from 3/02-01/03 because I started getting oil through the intake tract and due to the heavy mods....traded it instead of listening to some lecture from the VW dealer about my mods.

i agree, enough with the bullitt knocking. we've got gt emblems too, and my oval is just as blue as yours. it seems rather obvious that dhg is just a kid that didnt get hugged enough and needs some attention, oh yeah, dhg, quit fishing for the boot, making comments about "not getting banned" in every friggin post just makes you look desperate, oh and jettas are crap, i second swerving at them.

nickthegenius said:
Xeno: What chip are you using? I had a '02 Jetta 1.8T wagon with GIAC X chip, Brullen 2.5" turbo back, ABD hollow sways, H&R cupkit, BMC CDA intake, NGP intake pipe (went from BMC intake down to bumper), Stratmosphere Hyperboost diverter valve, Oettinger front bumper, Votex skirts, Projektzwo rear apron, 18" Mille Miglia Action Sports, Toyo Proxes, and more. It was a blast to drive, but I only owned it from 3/02-01/03 because I started getting oil through the intake tract and due to the heavy mods....traded it instead of listening to some lecture from the VW dealer about my mods.

Wow, sounds like a sweet ride. 1.8T wagon even. Sweet/Semi-rare ride :nice: Have you ever heard of UberDubs from the Indy area? btw, the oil in the intake tract is normal. Its oil being blown out through the crankcase bleeder. I've read up on installing a catch can for it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have Revo, just came out last April. So far I haven't had any problems with it. Pretty sweet setup really. Very adjustable boost/timing settings.
Boost settings range from .38bar (well bellow stock) to 1.5bar (way to much for stock turbo) Timing settings range through 83-100+octaine settings. And its a flash, not a soldered in chip. The ECU gets programmed through the ODB-II port. The ECU never has to leave the car :D.. big plus on warranty issues. The programmer bellow plugs into the ODB-II port as well and changes are made there.
93258-sps3.jpg

984.6gt said:
My buddy has a 2003 GTI 18.T with 22psi and some bolt-ons and he can't beat my non pi GT.

Its more than likely a 22 psi spike. It will hold it only for a couple of seconds, then it will drop. Kinda sucks :( Your 100 shot doesn't help him winning either ;) Without that, I'm sure its a close race.

TeriiK said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Eurotrash" lol :rolleyes: somebody's clueless.

dont feel bad about the jetta man, the 1.8T is a wicked little buzzbomb. 5 valves per cyl plus a turbo = power.

The only one clueless here is you, can you even define compressor map much less read one? Yep, I called it Eurotrash, I am not a fan of european cars except for the wicked Focus Ford gives them and leaves us out on. I see no cars or location in your sig. Maybe you should check mine, then you can call two of them "ricers" (no different that calling a Vdub eurotrash) and I will tell you, the two with only 4 cyl will scare the crap out of you on the interstate. I personaly have no problem with a Vdub but I see no reason why someone should not be encouraged to outrun them at will.

89stang306 said:
The only one clueless here is you, can you even define compressor map much less read one? Yep, I called it Eurotrash, I am not a fan of european cars except for the wicked Focus Ford gives them and leaves us out on. I see no cars or location in your sig. Maybe you should check mine, then you can call two of them "ricers" (no different that calling a Vdub eurotrash) and I will tell you, the two with only 4 cyl will scare the crap out of you on the interstate. I personaly have no problem with a Vdub but I see no reason why someone should not be encouraged to outrun them at will.

Such ignorance. Evidently you don't realize there are quite a few quick vw's out there. My car has no issues hanging with the non-special edition V8's (WS6, SVT..ect). Yes, the DSM's are quick as hell, but those engines have been out FAR longer than the 1.8T. We're just NOW seeing decently cheap kits and work-arounds to get more power out of it. And I hope the reliable part in your sig isn't refering to your Talon's because DSM's sure aren't know to be the most reliable car on the road :rolleyes:

It is far from ignorance. I never once in my post called them garbage or anything like that, I stated an opinion and its mine. There are many quick dubs out there like the one this guy ran into. Just my preference not to drive one. As far as DSM's not being reliable, that is becuase many younger people with big dreams and small wallets get ahold of them and break things. It happens. Its a good platform to learn off of. I know several local people that have fast GTI's and thats their preference. Think about it, there are probably several auto's you don't like that many people would beg to differ on. As far as my sig, if you think about what it says, it will make more sense to you. No more hijacking this guys thread, if you would like to continue, PM's are our friend.

That's cool. Completely understood. As for wanting to run a vw, yeah, you may not have the urge to do so. Most of the ones seen daily are either driven by old folks, or are sleeping it. I guess thats the great thing about the platform. There really are no outward signs of most being modded, except for a FMIC on some.

the 1.8t' are actually half decent motors. it's nicely laid out with a long stroke for low-end, a turbo for midrange, and 5 valves per cylinder for top end. my mom has a bug 1.8t and it's pretty torquey for a late-model car, especially a 4-banger. i was admittedly impressed.

jcp123 said:
the 1.8t' are actually half decent motors. it's nicely laid out with a long stroke for low-end, a turbo for midrange, and 5 valves per cylinder for top end. my mom has a bug 1.8t and it's pretty torquey for a late-model car, especially a 4-banger. i was admittedly impressed.

Very sweet ride man. I don't think I have ever seen a 67-69 mustang look as clean and well done as yours :nice: Kicking it with the sheltie even heh.