Tires for our Cars: what the heck?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
ok, i have the 16" Stock rims on my mustang, what it has now are 225/55/r16's and i need new fron tires BADLY, anyway ive called like 8 diffrent shops around me, eaitehr they dont have that size, or its like insane pricing like 150 a tire installed! What i am wondering is, if there is a similar size that will fit my rims that maby is more common>? how about a little wider? Anyone who knows anything please replay

• Sponsors (?)

ok, i just searced those websites, and i was wondering would 245's fit my rims? also, if i were to switch to 17" rims (which i would like to do), are 17" tires hard to find as whell, and as expensive? i dont mind paying more for that cause ide like some new 2003 cobra rims.

17's and even 18's are coming down in price now. I paid $150/ea for my Bridgestone RE730's in 245/45/17. You might also check out "jeffo" on the Corral, he usually has good deals on tires. You can also look for take-offs -- for example, Kar Kraft has 17" take-off GT wheels with tires (off brand new GT's, 4-9 miles) for $650. That's not far from the price of just the tires. I found someone locally who had a set of '03 Cobra wheels & tires for just a little more than that, when I downgraded from my 18" rims.

Dave

tirerack is awesome i'm going to pay like 74.00 a tire for 245/45/17's Kuhmo's

but if you're in a rush to get tires, try going to a used tire place and finding something cheap that will last for a few months while you save/shop around for the 17's or 16's you want

i really needed 17's for my fronts and i went to the local used tire and got a pair of Bridgestone Z rated 275's for the rear and moved the one's i had in the back up front for $90.00 total

the tires have like 80% left on them, and they'll hold out until i buy a set of newbies

i think you can see the tires in the pics of my sig- but keep in mind i haven't completely switched over my site from my old 87 GT, it's under const. :D

GreenMustangGt said:
ok, i just searced those websites, and i was wondering would 245's fit my rims? also, if i were to switch to 17" rims (which i would like to do), are 17" tires hard to find as whell, and as expensive? i dont mind paying more for that cause ide like some new 2003 cobra rims.

You shouldent have a prob finding tires for 17" rims, I bought my Kumos from tire discount , there prices seem pretty good. Mine are 275/40/17 in the back

attachment.php