Tires

Lmcn

Sep 24, 2020
New Jersey
Oh lord am I going to get hate for this. But I’m building my 67 mustang into a car that I’ve always dreamed of. It will be a wide body 2JZ swapped coupe. That being said what would be the MAXIMUM tires and rim sizes I could run, it’s going to be lowered a bit but I want 17+ inch rims I just don’t know what width or tire sizes. It will have 2 inches more in rear than the front that’s all I am sure of. Just need some help figuring it out. 4.5” wide body by the way.

• Sponsors (?)

the biggest tire is not always the best way to go. my advice would be to run 17x8 in front 17x9 in the rear. for tires a 235/45-17 in front and a 255/45-17 in the rear would be plenty of tire for your stang. personally though i prefer the same size tire and wheel on all four corners, but to each his own.

Reactions: 1 user
the biggest tire is not always the best way to go. my advice would be to run 17x8 in front 17x9 in the rear. for tires a 235/45-17 in front and a 255/45-17 in the rear would be plenty of tire for your stang. personally though i prefer the same size tire and wheel on all four corners, but to each his own.
Think that will be able to hold 600 horse, and fit the look? I like a squared stance too, so I was thinking 9in all around.