Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

593950AA-7748-440D-817E-122C343108D4.jpeg
E8E03A86-5D76-4188-8756-75CC3E0CF4C2.jpeg
Alright!! Got the front kit in, super pumped. So one of the calipers is making some noise, kinda like a piggy bank as though something is loose or rattling in there. So took apart the caliper as I want to spray them, and it’s these two little things flopping around. Is this suppose to be happening?

View: https://youtu.be/i3zGPPnLvec

• Sponsors (?)

When I upgraded to OEM Cobra 13"/11.625" brakes, I changed my MC and booster to a 93' cobra MC and 93' cobra booster and my brakes feel perfect. This upgrade is worth every penny spent and every F bomb you'll shout while under the dash removing and installing the booster. We will be here to answer any of your questions you may have throughout your install.
My Car probably has the best pedal feel of any vehicle I have ever owned, 93 Booster and MC with the SN95 Brakes are an awesome upgrade!

I have never seen anything like that on any calipers I have ever used. Could those be to keep the pistons in during shipping and they are supposed to be removed? That's all I can think of as the pads can't go in with those things in there?

I don't think he understood what you were asking. I think I know what he is referring to though.

Post a picture of the backside of the brake pad you removed from the caliper

87EF67AC-9FE7-48B4-808D-B833C088507F.jpeg
D87CAE3B-CF42-45C2-8862-A1A16376D845.jpeg
F53EEFFC-C220-4640-95FF-1FE3DC045B9D.jpeg
82561AF3-7D6A-415B-A89E-7B562A6DEB81.jpeg
08E976C0-DD92-44BF-A841-BDF8B9819236.jpeg
67592C74-D2D6-43DF-A5CF-6D83BC3D57CC.jpeg
CB7EF9E5-E550-4500-AB5A-799327A734AF.jpeg
EE7BC01B-975D-4AC7-8922-27997F83BF61.jpeg
I don't think he understood what you were asking. I think I know what he is referring to though.

Post a picture of the backside of the brake pad you removed from the caliper
Ok so came home for lunch real quick and I took both apart and I think I see what’s going on and what those little metal things are. The right side doesn’t not do that as the piece pulls out and stays on the back side of the pads and has those metal arms, where I’m guessing the left side must have broke I guess? Here the pics to compare.

What kind of pads are those? Are they a quality name brand? They should ship you a new one free IMO. Why they even came with the pads installed is a mystery to me. I prefer to grease the backside of the pads to reduce noise. For what it's worth, I went with Hawk HPS front and rear and love them.

8A6E96D3-35F5-4AA6-8161-863D7405A446.png
Yep. That's it. The pad clips broke off on those pads. I have had that happen before. Send the pic to LMR and show them what happened. I'm sure they will send you new pads.
This set came from northracecars which I know LMR sources some of their parts for their kits, been trying to email back and forth and explain but he kinda made it seem like I was wrong and didn’t know what I was talking about.

The pad clips broke off that pad. I'd be asking for a new set of pads here, or tossing them in the trash and buying a different set.

These cobra calipers are pad-guided calipers, which means the caliper physically mounts to the pads and is along for the ride. Your caliper has two broken pins, which means half the mechanism that secures the caliper to the brake assembly is missing. If the other two pad clips break...you can literally remove the caliper from the brake assembly and nothing will hold it on.

I'm sure the pads aren't top-of-the-line anyway, so I not sure I'd put too much effort into getting a new set vs just buying some quality pads. The calipers are fine..just a pad issue

What kind of pads are those? Are they a quality name brand? They should ship you a new one free IMO. Why they even came with the pads installed is a mystery to me. I prefer to grease the backside of the pads to reduce noise. For what it's worth, I went with Hawk HPS front and rear and love them.
Do you happen to have a part number for those? Or what would I look them up under just cobra pads or something?

So I emailed the guy back with the same pics so he could see that I wasn’t just rambling about nothing. I mean do I want to go buy pads right now no not really, but are they cheaps yeah probably so maybe I should. I tried to see if maybe they will give me a discount towards the rear kit, but I still requested at least new pads.