tko 600 and rst twin clutch set up

keatdog

May 30, 2009
hey gyys and gals i need help well more or less knowledge with the tko 600 and the Mcloud RST STREET TWIN CLUTCH setup how should a preson go about breaking in this setup tell you whats going on i have a 1995 GT scrapped the motor and trans threw a 351 stroker in it and mating it with the Mcloud RST STREET TWIN CLUTCH and the tko 600 what is the preks and all the negetive input would be greatly appericiated photos comming soon start to finish exclusively on allfordmustangs.com because this is the best site on the net thge support is great i have heard some of both sides im kinda nervous about the twin setup never fooled with one yet al of this is going to go down within the next week so im getting worse as time goes by and im about ready to send it back and just go with a one disk setup

HELP PLEASE

thanks
keatdog

• Sponsors (?)

never dealt with one either and i don't know anybody who has. they make single discs that can hold back pretty much anything so i don't see the point in messing with it.

anxiously awaiting pics and details. :popcorn:

I had a friend who had a Mcleod twin disk. He said it used to bind up all the time. I heard the SPEC twin disk doesn't have this problem, but I've never met anyone who used one. You'd be fine with a single disk. The twin disk gives you less pedal effort, and is suposed to be better on your drivetrain, while still being able to support 1100 ft.lbs of torque. Damn they are expensive though. There isn't much break in period on a normal clutch, and even less on the twin disk. Just go easy on it for about a day.

Kurt

I used to have a tko-600 and mcleod twin disk behind a 358w with twin turbos and the pedal effort was easy. Just make sure you install it correctly and give it about 500- 1000 miles to break in. I never made it that far, I switched to a powerglide.