to block or not to block egr with no smog pump

GRAYFOXGT/CS

Nov 27, 2010
AZ
i have a 1994 5.0 and trying to figure out what to do about the codes 13,and 33 i read somewhere that if you bypass your smog pump you should plug your egr? it this true bypassed smog cause bearing went out and previous owner gutted cats

Is the code coming up because of having no smog with the egr still running?

code 13 d.c. motor out of dash spot
and 33 has to do with egr

• Sponsors (?)

EGR and the smog pump are unrelated.

Don't mess with the EGR if you don't have to.

For the AIR (smog) system, with gutted cats and no pump, the system is kind of moot.

How do you have code 33? Do you have a Fox EEC in the car? You should have a 3 digit code otherwise.

I dont really know how can you tell the previous owner used to race it in New Mex and did some mods to it, but thats what it is reading I used the actron code scanner you read it by counting the beeps

You could pull the passenger kick panel to check the catch code on the EEC. Or look for an ignition box or fan controller (both are needed when doing a Fox EEC retrofit).

If you can procure an LCD code reader, it might be nice to have around. They're about 30 bucks.

It has a little plug in box mounted under the steering column what is the purpose of this and is it a good thing to have an older computer in a sn95 what are the pros and cons of it i appreciate your help hissin

It might be an old alarm.

An ignition box is an aluminum brick. It's often located under the hood, and the electrical wiring to your coil will run back to it.

Back in the old days, some people retrofitted the Fox puters because of the more forgiving fox factory tune. The SN puter is faster and more advanced but less forgiving with mods. The preference is an individual choice. Neither is bad.

You would have needed the box and controller to use a fox EEC.

It's much easier to get the LCD code reader and see what it shows for codes, or to pull the kick panel and look at the EEC.

I'd leave it however it is now if the car runs fine.