To those 'Stang owners with CORSA exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

No offense, but order it already!!:D Enough debating........I highly, highly doubt that you'll be disappointed. It won't be much louder at idle, will be noticeably louder and meaner at WOT, and dead silent when cruisin' down the hiway. 'Nuff said.

Exhaust

Tom,
I know- I'm being a little paranoid, sorry. I'm getting a little resistance from "my better half", she thinks the car sounds fine now and is giving me a little grief about spending $600 for a different exhaust. I just have to be sure I will be getting the sound I am looking for and still not making the car less nice to ride in. I do appreciate your help. I think I will probably "pull the trigger" soon. Sorry about being a PITA.

GOLDENPONY said:
Tom,
I know- I'm being a little paranoid, sorry. I'm getting a little resistance from "my better half", she thinks the car sounds fine now and is giving me a little grief about spending $600 for a different exhaust. I just have to be sure I will be getting the sound I am looking for and still not making the car less nice to ride in. I do appreciate your help. I think I will probably "pull the trigger" soon. Sorry about being a PITA.

Ohh man, I was just giving ya a hard time, that's all. You're not being a PITA at all, you know that. Truth is, I debated for MONTHS before I purchased; I remember what that's like and I hate to think that other people are doing the same thing, when they could be enjoying their new found sound.

Take care,

Tom

I did much research and debating with myself, also. I finally made a decision and ordered the Corsa Axlebacks. While perhaps not as boisterous in sound as some of the other aftermarket mufflers, I felt confident I'd be getting an improvement over stock. And the biggest reason I chose Corsa was the apparent complete lack of drone that they produce. Quite a bit of my drive time is in the rpm range that seems to produce drone with the other products, so I went with Corsa.

According to UPS, I'll have the new mufflers on Monday, and hope to get them installed next weekend. If you haven't made your decision by then, I'll be happy to come back and post my opinions of the Corsas over stock, including some video clips w/ audio that I'll shoot before and after.

Installed Corsa Mufflers yesterday, backed end of car out garage door and had enough room to drop old ones out and install new. What a difference in materials between stock and Corsa. 1st startup and walk to back of car and says to myself YES. Little louder than stock with nice growl. After being snowed in for 6 Months, left the driveway and everyone for two block knew it too. In downtown area with lots of Buildings for sound to bounce it was great, started to like red lights. Highway speeds they were very quiet, and no droning. If you want them quiet they are, hit gas and they will roar great, glad I got them.

My Corsas with a Pypes offroad H pipe just plain rip at WOT. I don't know how else to describe it. The tone is not too low, and not too high. The volume at constant speed is nice and pretty darn quiet. But when you get on it, it's pretty darn loud. An offroad X will probably sound both a little louder and higher pitched than my H.

Got Corsas on mine. Initially I was a little disappointed at the apparent lack of any noticable increase in volume at idle. Sure, it was louder but no big deal. I took it for a blast the other day and I have to say that two things strike you:

1. It positively blares on WOT which is good
2. There is absolutely no drone or resonance.

On reflection, I guess I might have preferred it louder but you always want what you haven't got. Overall, i think it was a good choice.

I have the X-pipe but have yet to have it fitted as it involves cutting the pipes.

Got the Corsas on mine. Not as loud as I imagined they'd be , especially at idle but they wake up at WOT and positively blare. I think I'd like it louder but you always want what you haven't got.

Got a Corsa X-pipe but haven't fitted it yet as it's a pipe-cutting installation.

Absolutely no drone or resonance though which is great.

Weighed them up too. Stock mufflers are about 16lbs a side and the Corsas about 20lb a side. Smaller but heavier.