Tokico Illumina front struts/Stock rear

Topdowncruise

Apr 7, 2005
Canada
I replaced my rear shocks last year with the stock ford units.I am now replacing my front struts.I was thinking about just replacing them with Ford struts but its not that much more money now to get 5 way adjustable Tokico's.I favour a ride on the softer side.Will the Tokico's have a softer setting than the stock struts?Any negatives to mixing and matching the front and rear like this?

• Sponsors (?)

First off, are you running stock springs? suspension? If you are I could'nt really justify spending money on only 2 illuminas. You can however go with the tokico sports(blues). That will save you a bit of money and work great with stock springs. In fact I use them with steeda springs(bit of a drop) and they still work great and the ride is still very tolerable.

My vert has an amazing ride with Eibach springs and the above-mentioned Tokico Blues. I think you would be happy. You are welcome to come by and drive it.

I have the Illuminas on my 84. Yes, you can adjust to soft, but I really do not think you want to go that way. In fact, due to the bias, I like running my front Toks one setting more firm than the rears.

But then, I have all new suspension in both cars. It's like an engine - it's the whole system.