Too many projects, here's my next one.

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
I bought this car about 5 years ago. It was junk but had a good engine and T5. I rebuilt the engine and it's in my 90 now, and the T5 is in my 68. I ended up buying another 351w the other day and I started thinking about how besides the swap parts and a few other things, I have almost enough spare parts to finish this car.

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

I've got a hood, nose, and saleen lower bumper cover laying around, I'm using the T5 I pulled out of a car that was given to me, I'm replacing the door panels, dash and console with some nice ones I have stored away, using the seats out of the 96 I just stripped. I just bought those ponies a couple weeks ago for 60$.

I need to buy flywheel, bellhousing, swap headers and pan, radiator, battery, motor mounts, a windshield :(, and a few pieces of trim, then do some body work and paint. It does need a radiator support and front inner fender aprons.

Overall, I don't think I'll end up with much money in this one.

Btw, I said I have too many projects because in addition to this one, I also have my 63 Fairlane that I'm working on that needs an engine rebuild and suspension refreshening, and I am going to start doing body work on my 68 coupe in a few months so it will be ready to paint next spring. This is all in addition to keeping the 90 and the 04 running properly.

• Sponsors (?)

looks like a lot of work

Nah, it's not near as bad as it looks. Well, I guess it is kind of a lot of work, but I don't mind that so much as sinking a lot of money into it. I won't have much in it so the work part doesn't bother me, I think it's fun, especially if 306Notchback supplies the beer when he comes over to work on it with me. :cheers:

Nah, it's not near as bad as it looks. Well, I guess it is kind of a lot of work, but I don't mind that so much as sinking a lot of money into it. I won't have much in it so the work part doesn't bother me, I think it's fun, especially if 306Notchback supplies the beer when he comes over to work on it with me. :cheers:

Dam it I was hoping u could supply the beer!:D

Pretty good project. I don't think its lots of work as long as it has a solid bottom. Usually when you have a project you end up tearing it apart even more so your about half ways now.LOL
good luck

Well I ordered the oil pan and pickup today, a new crown vic 351w pan is only 68.99. So it should be going in soon, I may make this into a progress thread if it doesn't come together too slow.