Engine Tool Icon Lit Up While Driving

Joe2455

Jun 16, 2016
Greetings. My 2014 v6 mustang has died on the road and the tool icon lit up.restarted car and drove on but need to find a fix . Happened twice.has anybody had similar experience? Would appreciate any feedback.Thanks all

• Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing you are talking about the check engine light (not sure what other icon you might be referring to). If that's the case, take it to an Autozone and have them scan it for codes (it's free). You can also take it to the dealer and have them do it. The codes should start leading you down the path of figuring out the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The icon is actually a tool(looks like an open ended wrench) that lights up .after stopping and restarting it goes away till next time.im hopeing ford shop can retrieve some info.found some Internet posts with same problems. Pointing to throttle body problems.thanks for your reply

Hey Joe, the tool icon is a warning light, telling you you have a mechanical issue with vehicle. Your computer in vehicle has tripped the light due to a sensor or wiring problem in your vehicle. Their are literally a hundred different codes that computer can release, and store in memory. It's always best to pull digital trouble codes, dtc for short. Before any diagnosis or repair. The other smart thing that a technician does, is run a fuel pressure test. Otherwise you or the tech starts changing parts all willy nilly. Keep us posted what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wrench light mostly deals with drivetrain concerns as the check engine light is emissions. Do you have any driveability symptoms with your vehicle when the light is on? The most common causes could be something simple like a failing throttle body or something deeper like a transmission internal failure.

When light is the motor dies and has no throttle response.i have to pull over and put in park,turn key off and then restart.motor will sputter for a second and then run normally. Happened twice like 3wks to a month apart.no symptoms in between ocurrences.i drive the car normally. No babying ,trying to see if it will reocurr.nothing yet. Going in to Ford house to see if they can pull up the fault. I'll post results. Thanks for the post