TOP END SPEED

• Sponsors (?)

what are your mods? a stock 95 cobra top speed is 145. i have bounced the rev limiter in 4th a couple times--i have 3.73's=128mph. 5th gear sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are basing your top speed on the speedometer try again. you should say what gear and what rpm's--much more accurate.

Been 161mph in mine and that was verified by a state owned radar unit. That was about all she would do on the motor alone and I was real tempted to hit the nitrous and see what I could get that way but I was running out of road really fast and did not want to test my brakes.

2L8ULUZ2 said:
Been 161mph in mine and that was verified by a state owned radar unit. That was about all she would do on the motor alone and I was real tempted to hit the nitrous and see what I could get that way but I was running out of road really fast and did not want to test my brakes.
ive seen that avatar to many times in real life!!!!

165+ 4th gear with 2:73's and my frpp 340bhp 302 with almost every bolt-on. i was racing a bmw m3, didnt let off till i was infront of him. he slowed when he had to make a shift or redlined. friggin crazy did it at night in traffic comming home from the New England Dragway. immagine someone going past you going 100mph above normal highway speeds. now i have 3:73's and a d&d t56 so my top end hasnt changed that much, i just have another gear to play with.

when i was in school in Pa. i would cruise the highways at around 110ish and cut myself off at around 130mph. rpms were around 2k rpms@100mph in 6th.
i did this atleast once a week, those roads there are much nicer than those found up here in Ma.

either way you cut it, high speeds equals instant death.
you screw up, your all done son,
keep it floored and straight!
-fawcett