TOP SPEED ANYONE???

• Sponsors (?)

haha i remember one night i was wiht my gf and i told her, "top speed run" and she looked at me like i was kiddin, i hot 140 and the car was still pulling, that with my 95 auto with exhaust and 3:55's, i wonder what my 94 will do....

a few years ago when i first got the car i was on the freeway at about 1am so i decided to top the 'stang out. I hit 140 and backed off. I dunno if it woulda gone much faster or not, but it was barely pulling so i doubt it.

In hindsight that was kind of dumb :rolleyes:

believe it cause it did, i was surprised to, whats funny is that my friends dad has the 24valve DOHC v6 in his taurus an his car wont make it to 120, it cuts off an wont let it go any faster than 100, when i was topping it out he was in the car an hes like watch it wil lstop at 100 an it didnt an it kept going until i buried the needle, that little guy tried to go around again

Darned mph conversions.....my Speedo tops at 150 mph, and i'm not sure how accurate it is, but i've pegged it twice now, once a few years ago, and the second time through Montana about 3 weeks ago. If i hit 150, should I be impressed?

P.S. I'll never do it again, kinda scary if you ask me.

One night in northern michigan on a deserted highway I topped off my speedometer. It got there pretty quick and it still had quite a bit of "umph" left. I bet if I tried I could hit 170 or so. But I was still afraid a cop might spot me so that was the first and last time. Now, I cant remember the last time I went even 100 (except at the track).

In my stang I hit 120. In high school I had a buddy with a 73 roadrunner 440. One night he took it to about 185. At least that is what I am guessing cause the needle went passed the 165 mark and was making its way back around. Scared the living crap out of me