top speed...?

:nice: Yeah, that was back in '88, and I didn't really experienced anything like that since moving to Florida in '89 (where they don't have hills :rolleyes: ). Even now, living in Seattle, I don't see the truckers doing that kind of thing, but I thought it was mainly because the mountain roads here are much more curvy. Now that I think about it though, I suspect that rigs are just being built with better equipment to handle that kind of stress and driving, and are able to maintain lower speed going down and still have enough power going up. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

DarkBuddha said:
:nice: Yeah, that was back in '88, and I didn't really experienced anything like that since moving to Florida in '89 (where they don't have hills :rolleyes: ). Even now, living in Seattle, I don't see the truckers doing that kind of thing, but I thought it was mainly because the mountain roads here are much more curvy. Now that I think about it though, I suspect that rigs are just being built with better equipment to handle that kind of stress and driving, and are able to maintain lower speed going down and still have enough power going up. :shrug:

try renting a UHAUL and over loading it by abut 8,000 pounds. up ahill at 40km/h baby.

DarkBuddha said:
The last truck I drove had much more torque than the one I had in the late 80's. Same HP rating though,(about 430 hp vs 400 for the 80's truck) but the difference in pulling and lugging power is much better in the newer trucks.