Torch vs. Redfire - What's your preference?

Losing Louie

Dec 14, 2004
San Diego
OK all you RED's out there, what's your pick and why. When I ask opinions, people seem to like one way over the other. My search of the MidWest has uncovered one of each, so I need help again. The Redfire has the dark leather, while the Torch has the parchment leather. Thanks, L.L.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the Redfire because I think that color fits the car better. Now the Torch Red is nice, don't get me wrong. My last Mustang, a '97 was Laser Red and to be honest I see little difference between Redfire and the Laser.

Ruffy said:
I bought the Redfire because I think that color fits the car better. Now the Torch Red is nice, don't get me wrong. My last Mustang, a '97 was Laser Red and to be honest I see little difference between Redfire and the Laser.

Get your eyes checked. Refire is Mettalic and Lazer is not. :nice:

Losing Louie said:
OK all you RED's out there, what's your pick and why. When I ask opinions, people seem to like one way over the other. My search of the MidWest has uncovered one of each, so I need help again. The Redfire has the dark leather, while the Torch has the parchment leather. Thanks, L.L.

I chose Torch because I felt that it made the car sort of 'come alive' even when sitting still. I intend to add some aftermarket wheels and tint the windows, so either of those changes will be complimented by a bright color. No plans to make a clone of the classics, so Redfire didn't fit into the equation. Besides, I'm not a big fan of metallic colors (nothing against them, just prefer a solid color).

Go with Redfire. Torch is too bright. Plus, the black interior looks better than the parchment. To me, parchment would look better if it was a little darker color, then it would go perfect with the other black things left in the interior.

Having owned a Laser Red 94 GT and a Performance Red 99 GT, I think that the Redfire would be my choice between the Redfire(like Laser) and Torch(somewhat like Perf. Red). Laser red was indeed a metallic paint.
But I want a black S197 Cobra.
-Jason

Get your eyes checked. Refire is Mettalic and Lazer is not

Yeah i used to detail cars and helped detail my friends 95 Boss GT which is Laser Red and it's definitely Metallic.
They are very similar if not the same color. Screaming Yellow is the same as the "Chrome/Canary" yellow of mid 90's Mustangs. Including the 98 Yellow Cobra like i got.
Oops, I forgot we're talking about red. :bang: Im for the extreme, so i like the TORCH RED. Im not a fan of dark reds. But thats my thought. :nice:

2005TorchRedGT said:

Yep, that's me. For $40 bucks thought I would give it a try. I liked the idea putting the dealers on notice that we know they are trying to rip us off on the west coast. I mean, come on, shipping fees are $600 to $1200 bucks, and we should pay MSRP plus $9000 at Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego. Even if it produces no results, it made me feel good. Thx, L.L.

Losing Louie said:
Yep, that's me. For $40 bucks thought I would give it a try. I liked the idea putting the dealers on notice that we know they are trying to rip us off on the west coast. I mean, come on, shipping fees are $600 to $1200 bucks, and we should pay MSRP plus $9000 at Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego. Even if it produces no results, it made me feel good. Thx, L.L.

Hehe, I thought it was pretty creative :nice: . I'm curious to see how it pans out in the end.