total waste to mod an auto v6?

If I had a V6, I'd add a duel exhaust (magnaflow for a 6 probably) and I'd fix up its looks. That's one thing about my GT I wish I would have done is go for the looks a little more. Usually I don't care that much about looks and more about performance. Lately though, I've realized that if you want a FAST fast car, buy one that is fast stock and do some enjoyable little things to it - unless you are a big-time drag strip kind of person.

Actually, I wish I would've gotten a V6 5-speed sometimes so I could have tons of fun with it and mod up the looks. Sure, I'd miss the power, but a nice looking car (any kind!) turns heads no matter what engine is in it.

• Sponsors (?)

Red03Mustang said:
If I had a V6, I'd add a duel exhaust (magnaflow for a 6 probably) and I'd fix up its looks. That's one thing about my GT I wish I would have done is go for the looks a little more. Usually I don't care that much about looks and more about performance. Lately though, I've realized that if you want a FAST fast car, buy one that is fast stock and do some enjoyable little things to it - unless you are a big-time drag strip kind of person.

Actually, I wish I would've gotten a V6 5-speed sometimes so I could have tons of fun with it and mod up the looks. Sure, I'd miss the power, but a nice looking car (any kind!) turns heads no matter what engine is in it.

True, but you can have your cake and also eat it too. Doing both is fun, you just need to have it planned out.

Scott_95GT said:
Is it a waste of money to go with ported heads, intake, cam, rockers, 8.8, ect.? Yes. Shoulda bought a GT/Cobra.

Eh, opinion. IMO, spending a couple grand on H/C/RR's to be a sleeper that will beat near-stock 94-98 GT's, RSX Type-S's, etc. and hang w/ Cobalt SS's and G35's, is worth it to me. To other people, maybe not, but I don't plan on ever getting rid of this car and I love it, so I might as well make it quick.