Totaled?

VF143Falcon

Jan 23, 2009
Im hoping they can fix it. Wondering what you guys think... Hydroplaned going 70 due to very sudden downpour from a thunderstorm... DR's and deep water = death.

vf143falcon-albums-2008-gt-picture3351-airport.jpg

vf143falcon-albums-2008-gt-picture3352-onos.jpg

vf143falcon-albums-2008-gt-picture3353-son.jpg

vf143falcon-albums-2008-gt-picture3354-right-rear.jpg

vf143falcon-albums-2008-gt-picture3355-left-rear.jpg

*tears*

• Sponsors (?)

Look again....the rear quarter panels are creased both above and below the wheel wells. I would almost bet 100% that its going to be totalled...and unless you're fond of this car in particular, I would insist that they total it if they're on the fence about fixing it. You don't want to be driving around in a bent car for the next however many years, then try selling one when you've had enough of it.

I've seen insurance companies total cars with much less damage and repair cars with much worse. It depends alot on the value of your car and how expensive it is to repair it rather than how bad it looks. You can't figure that out from external appearance. They'll have to look at the structural damage etc.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

This is exactly why I tell everyone not to drive DR's in the rain. A lot of people will say "they know how to drive with them" or "it just takes practice", but it's so easy to lose it with them in rain.

Question for you... Did you have your traction control on? I've noticed traction control actually almost caused accidents twice for me. Both times I went around a corner and kicked out the back end. Once for fun, once on accident. Both times, the car ended up doing a 180. I believe traction control actually caused that. If TC hadn't been trying to modulate the throttle and brakes, it would've riden through the slide as you would expect. Needless to say, no TC in rain for me anymore.

tc was on. that might have compounded the problem. i fought it through 3 fishtails back and forth before it went complete 180 so violently i can't even describe it. then i was going backwards at highway speed looking at oncoming traffic so i turned it into the cable barrier.

then the damn barrier shot me back into the road!!! so i jammed it into reverse and hit the barrier again just in time to not get hit by the other cars who couldn't stop. it was insane, as i was backing up to get of the road i had it floored and the left wheel was shooting sparks and **** out in front of me.

front end is perfect. no damage at all.

and to wrap it all up the jerk state trooper wrote me a careless driving ticket. i told him it was as sudden as a deer in the road and he was like get this piece of sh it off the side of my highway in 5 minutes or i'll cite you again. guess he was having a worse day then me

looks like a total to me...
year? miles?
how are the gaps on the back of the doors? that shows a good indication of how far the car is kinked... either way, i say its time to start checking the autoshopper.

no matter what you did, getting treated like a trooper like that i'd write a letter to them.

Its a 2008 with under 5k miles. bought it brand new in january, did some long trips and started the mods when race season got close.

im just glad its not my only vehicle and that i didn't, ya know, die... haha

they won't total it. they said the car is worth $27,900 and that the frame is nice and straight and the $11000 repair bill doesn't even come close to the 70% required to total it so they are just gonna fix it. If i wan't something else i just have to do it after its repaired. Glad its ok because i love this car.

they said one side the UCA's and LCA's are bent and also a drive axle... anybody know of any problems that might arise from that?

value

The book value of the car is very high. A new 2010 GT can be had for 28,500 and a new 2009, or a new 2008....is only 22,500....I bet your car is worth a lot less than the new ones.....maybe 17 or 18 k so 11K is very close to being totaled.

Nada says the car is worth only 23K retail with a clean history that is assuming your mileage is low....and have a clean carfax which you will not.

PRICING

Rough
Trade-In Average
Trade-In Clean
Trade-In Clean
Retail
Base Price $15,925 $17,275 $18,375 $21,150
Mileage - 10,000 miles $1,300 $1,300 $1,300 $1,300
Options
Power Seat N/A N/A N/A N/A
Leather Seats $500 $500 $500 $575
TOTAL PRICE $17,725 $19,075 $20,175 $23,025*
* This Retail price is based on a clean vehicle history report. Don't make a $23,025 mistake. Get a Free VIN Check today. Find out why AutoCheck is better than Carfax.

The book value of the car is very high. A new 2010 GT can be had for 28,500 and a new 2009, or a new 2008....is only 22,500....I bet your car is worth a lot less than the new ones.....maybe 17 or 18 k so 11K is very close to being totaled.

Nada says the car is worth only 23K retail with a clean history that is assuming your mileage is low....and have a clean carfax which you will not.

PRICING

Rough
Trade-In Average
Trade-In Clean
Trade-In Clean
Retail
Base Price $15,925 $17,275 $18,375 $21,150
Mileage - 10,000 miles $1,300 $1,300 $1,300 $1,300
Options
Power Seat N/A N/A N/A N/A
Leather Seats $500 $500 $500 $575
TOTAL PRICE $17,725 $19,075 $20,175 $23,025*
* This Retail price is based on a clean vehicle history report. Don't make a $23,025 mistake. Get a Free VIN Check today. Find out why AutoCheck is better than Carfax.

Insurance companies go off of the replacement value of the vehicle. If it were totaled I wouldn't be looking for a similar vehicle with $11k of damage to it...

kbb isn't far off what the insurance guy says.
gt premium, leather, dual power seats, mp3 multi cd, shaker, premium wheels, f/r side air bags, 5k miles

2008 Ford Mustang - Suggested Retail Value - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

So anyway...

They say the rear suspension is damaged from hitting something hard against the wheel. The damage to one of the wheels would suggest that to be true as its missing a large chunk out of the rim and the tire is shredded.

So i guess its time for some J&M UCA's and LCA's and Panhard too. Yay!