towing help

JenkinsBS

Founding Member
Apr 16, 2002
Washington
alright, its time that i tow my car to a garage to get the paint and engine finished... but i left my bellhousing and clutch assembly in the vehicle (bellhousing is resting on crossmember now). i know i need to take that out of the car, so is there a way to take the clutch line off and remove the bellhousing?

and im getting a tow dolly to take it down there with... can i just put the front wheels over it and just go? or is it bad to spin the back tires when the driveline and tranny are still in? i need help to get this stuff done... thanks guys

b.j.

• Sponsors (?)

JenkinsBS said:
alright, its time that i tow my car to a garage to get the paint and engine finished... but i left my bellhousing and clutch assembly in the vehicle (bellhousing is resting on crossmember now). i know i need to take that out of the car, so is there a way to take the clutch line off and remove the bellhousing?

and im getting a tow dolly to take it down there with... can i just put the front wheels over it and just go? or is it bad to spin the back tires when the driveline and tranny are still in? i need help to get this stuff done... thanks guys

b.j.

Thats no good :notnice: Go and rent a car hauler from u-haul or penske and push the car up on the trailer :D Thats the safest way to tow.

so no tow dolly? ive heard of people doing it just fine... and its only like, $30 per day. anyone else got any input?

also, as far as putting the engine back in while the tranny is still in there... is that possible? anyone done it before? i need input on that too... thanks :nice:

b.j.

As long as it's a short trip, the tow dolly idea should be fine. If possible, you could put the rear wheels on the dolly and tow with the front wheels spinning, to be on the safe side.

About putting the motor in, with the tranny mounted.. people do that all the time. I think with a couple bolts you will need a few extensions to reach them though..