Tpms Indicator On

sawyer65

Jul 9, 2017
Hi:

New member 1st post.

I recently purchases a 2012 gt with several bolt on's. I'm extremely pleased with the car so far but it has several little problems I need to work out.
First off, the TPIR warning are on, both the symbol under the speedometer and the message under the tach.
The card came with aftermarket Foose wheels with Continental 315/35 20 Rear and Continental 255/35 20 Front.The tires all have around 45PSI in them (rated 51 on the tire).
I am guessing the car came with a donut type spare which is missing, one of the original full size rims is in the trunk..
Checking the drivers door information, the car should have smaller wheels with 32 PSI in them. I am assuming that is the reason the TMPS is on.
Is there a way to correct either the sensors or the car computer to compensate for the different pressure?

• Sponsors (?)

First-Welcome to Stangnet :)
Second- I'd make sure the aftermarket wheels are equipped with the tire pressure monitors .
If they are there. The dealer or any chain tire shop should be able to reset them. There should also be a relearn procedure in the owners manual.

First-Welcome to Stangnet :)
Second- I'd make sure the aftermarket wheels are equipped with the tire pressure monitors .
If they are there. The dealer or any chain tire shop should be able to reset them. There should also be a relearn procedure in the owners manual.
Thanks for the reply,I didn't get the manual.
Does the mustang check the pressure of the spare? I have read some manufacturers do and some don't.

If your car has Brembo brakes it did not come with any spare, donut or otherwise. It came with what Ford calls a "tire mobility kit." Which is an electric air pump that runs off the cig lighter and a built in can of slime.

Reactions: 1 user