tps voltage at 1.09 should I change

NIN

Dec 4, 2002
moorhead MN
I'm still having idle problem's but I have not fooled with my tps yet, I heard that it should be a .94 volts. Will changing the voltage fix my idle or is it best just to order a custom chip?

I would go with a pms if I had the money now, but I have to save up for moving.

Thanks,
Tom

• Sponsors (?)

mine does just fine with a 110 ls1 and no tuning. just playing with throtle opening and fuel pressure.

but if you need a chip, I am selling a certificate for a custom tuned flip chip from Apten performance

se sig.

ok first I will try to up my idle to 900 from 700 I have it at now and see if that makes a difference.

if all else fail i may have to go with a chip. BTW what chip companies do you guy recommend or have experience with.

thanks

I have it up to 900, but when I take it out of gear it will hang aroung 1000-1100 then will drop down to the base 900 after that.

Also, my tps voltage is most likely over 1.1 volts, not is it time to change it and could that fix my hanging problem or do i have to live with it. I don't have the money for a chip right now.

Thanks guys

my chilton manual says to set it at .9v but I have heard to keep it between .94-.99. Also on a corral article they say to make sure it is not above 1.0v. I would have changed it but i am lazy and dont what to remove my iac valve which is in the way of my tps on the stock TB.

I will see what happens tomarrow!

You don't adjust the voltage for the TPS on a 94/95 -- the EEC will baseline the TPS voltage when you turn over the key, and all measurements are made from that point. If the TPS is far enough out of wack that the EEC cannot properly baseline it, you'll get a MIL. To even adjust the TPS at all you'd have to ream out the screw holes, it has no adjustability built in.

Dave

Hey guys, i've recentlly had a tune up, and the mechanic couln't get the timing to 12 degrees, becausae it would stop, and had to restart the engine, but before he set the TPS to factory specs :nonono: (I don't know who told them that?), this my idle is now to a .5 rpm, instead of the 1000 rpms at idle bfore I purhcased the car :mad:

but this a TPS problem right?

sounds more like your mechanic set you idle to factory specs. you can aways test the resistance of the tps with a digital multimeter. You chilton manual should tell you how, but you just move the throttle linkage slowly and if there is any jumps in resistance than you need to replace the tps. you can also do the same with the voltage.