TR-3650 to TKO 500/600 swap.

• Sponsors (?)

T56 is gonna cost you more..

what I needed for the swap:
tko600
Lakewood bellhousing (or the tremec aluminum 4.6 specific one will work if you don't want SFI)
26 spline clutch disc (dont buy the 10 spline input tko500)
D&D performance sells a crossmember spacer for this swap which I also used
reverse plug off a fox body car since tremec has older style sender (cut and splice deal since the 2 wires just complete a circuit)
can use stock driveshaft but you might need a driveshaft spacer (I didn't)

T56 is gonna cost you more..

what I needed for the swap:
tko600
Lakewood bellhousing (or the tremec aluminum 4.6 specific one will work if you don't want SFI)
26 spline clutch disc (dont buy the 10 spline input tko500)
D&D performance sells a crossmember spacer for this swap which I also used
reverse plug off a fox body car since tremec has older style sender (cut and splice deal since the 2 wires just complete a circuit)
can use stock driveshaft but you might need a driveshaft spacer (I didn't)

cool thanks.

There are a couple of companies who will build-up your 3650 to handle 600-700 HP.

- Promotion Performance (promotionpowertrain.com)
- Liberty Gear

There were a few people over at the MPH forums who sent them off to those guys and it cost them around $1,000.

I just read this though, so it may not be true.. But if it is, then this is the way I'm going to go. You don't have to do any swapping..

Riley

There are a couple of companies who will build-up your 3650 to handle 600-700 HP.

- Promotion Performance (promotionpowertrain.com)
- Liberty Gear

There were a few people over at the MPH forums who sent them off to those guys and it cost them around $1,000.

I just read this though, so it may not be true.. But if it is, then this is the way I'm going to go. You don't have to do any swapping..

Riley

the only downside to that is if you have to pass tech at the track for SFI scattershield they don't make one for the 3650 since its integrated into the case.. I thought the same way about the rebuild but knew I would never pass running low 11's and eventually 10's.

the only downside to that is if you have to pass tech at the track for SFI scattershield they don't make one for the 3650 since its integrated into the case.. I thought the same way about the rebuild but knew I would never pass running low 11's and eventually 10's.

Will a transmission blanket work? RCI makes one that is SFI 4.1 approved..

I have no clue though?

Riley

Will a transmission blanket work? RCI makes one that is SFI 4.1 approved..

I have no clue though?

Riley

transmission blanket is used for auto's under the drain pan to prevent spills if they break. the SFI bellhousing is needed to keep the clutch encased if it explodes for whatever reason so that it doesn't shoot parts through the floor and your legs and feet.