trac-lok vs limited slip

Cavallo said:
Total BS !

Positraction Differentials

A positraction differential is a special traction differential. Its purpose is to improve the way your differential performs under adverse conditions. When one wheel starts to slip, these differentials transfer the torque to the wheel that is not slipping. The car can then continue to go forward. There are several different kinds of positraction differentials, but all of them are based on a friction device to provide resistance to normal differential operation.

A positraction differential provides better traction, which is handy when roads are slippery. It also lends itself to fast acceleration.

The same as a Trac-Loc, limited slip !!

I had plenty of chevys to know !
Marketing and trademarks

• Sponsors (?)

Posi-Trac is EATONS name for their Limited Slip Differntial...
GM just happens to use it

Ford Calls their limited Slip differnential the TrakLoc.. or as i call useless....

there are SOOOO MANY diffrent types of non-open diffs its not even funny... helical, lockers, spools, clutch, spring.... all kinda stuff.... just remember fords LSD is completly useless for taking turns.... i think that even a phantom grip is better

Doesn"t somebody make an electric locking diff? Seems to me , that would be the cat's pj's. Limited slip on the street, locks like a spool on the strip. I forget the manufacture?