Trac Off Button

DiZzyBonne

Aug 2, 2007
1) Does this button by default have the light on or off? In my car, the light is off.
2) Does pushing this button while driving the car do anything bad?
3) What should it be at?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Button On (no light) Traction Control engaged
Button Off (light on) Traction Control Off

default its on
The button keeps you from chirping the tires
have it off (light will be on) you'll be able to roast them with out looking like a NOOB

Yeah, I haven't touched it since yesterday, but it doesn't do anything if you press it while the car is moving in gear right? No damage done? Thanks.

no damage, it's all electronic

like said before, leave it alone unless you're in the waterbox at the strip

or

like me disengage it whenever you start the car, you know, just in case

like me disengage it whenever you start the car, you know, just in case

IMO if you dont disable it in the tune, get into a habit of turning it off after you start the car.

Ive found that trying to do something stupid and then TC engages, its more dangerous. one time i tried to get sideways turning from a stop, whipped the tail out before TC kicked in and the rears grabbed and almost sent me into a light pole/curb, i layed on the brakes and came to a stop before that happened.

**** traction control. if you cant control the vehicle without it, you shouldnt be driving. i dont use it at all, the GT isnt powerful enough to get my rears loose (10" bfg kdw2's) even if i try popping the clutch, they just grab and i get slingshot off the line. could just be me though, driver mod ftw!

IMO if you dont disable it in the tune, get into a habit of turning it off after you start the car.

Ive found that trying to do something stupid and then TC engages, its more dangerous. one time i tried to get sideways turning from a stop, whipped the tail out before TC kicked in and the rears grabbed and almost sent me into a light pole/curb, i layed on the brakes and came to a stop before that happened.

**** traction control. if you cant control the vehicle without it, you shouldnt be driving. i dont use it at all, the GT isnt powerful enough to get my rears loose (10" bfg kdw2's) even if i try popping the clutch, they just grab and i get slingshot off the line. could just be me though, driver mod ftw!

agreed traction control SUCKS..

BTW never try to race with it on. I have seen countless people look foolish doing that at the track.

If the button is lit up when you start the car, check to see if your ABS light is on. If it is, then you have a malfunction in your ABS/TC system.

However, if you can still push it and turn it ok (light off) or turn if off (light on) then you probably have an aftermarket chip or tune that has changed the default to off.

You can push it at any speed. It's just electronic. With it on, under 35MPH will activate either rear brake individually. It will also disable up to 7 cylinders, cut fuel and timing and make you look silly if you forget to shut it off when chirping 2nd gear.

During normal daily driving however, it's nice. It's saved my ass a few times when normally commuting and sliding on some wet leaves or sand.