Tradin' In The Pontiac!

NayChan

Apr 28, 2005
Seabeck, WA
Well, Mom's thinkin' about tradin' in the pontiac for an '04 Stang. She knows how badly I want one, and if I can cover my own insurance, she can cover the monthly payments and whatnot. But!

What kind of things should I look for? I'm excited- and.. Just hit me up with some insight.

• Sponsors (?)

My 16 year old sister is paying a little over $350 for insurance on her '99 V6.

Hope you're a good student because owning one of these cars at your age ... well ... I hope 'Daddy' has deep pockets.

Especially considering beginners tend to wreck their first car in some form ... RWD can be less forgiving in certain conditions where FWD can act as a crutch.

Tylerb59 said:

Hope you're a good student because owning one of these cars at your age ... well ... I hope 'Daddy' has deep pockets.

Especially considering beginners tend to wreck their first car in some form ... RWD can be less forgiving in certain conditions where FWD can act as a crutch.

I paid 250 for my 98V6 when I was 17, now I pay 112 for the 02 GT :nice: But besides that just get what you can afford, nothing wrong with a V6 if that's what you can afford and want. I just recommend getting a stick shift unless you REALLY want an automatic instead.

if your gonna get a V6 get a older one not an 04 like 2000 or something, it would be pointless on getting a 04 cause all its gonna do is depreciate in price, 3 years from now it wont even be worth what you owe on it. I doubt you will get a V8 cause either your insurance would be over 300 a month or they wont cover you.

Tylerb59 said:

I've got great grades, with a 3.95. However, I did get that speeding ticket about a few months ago, so I don't know how much that'll affect it. It didn't raise my insurance very much from what I pay now, 175 for mom and I, so.. I'm not exactly sure how this'll all play out.