Tranny Cooler Help!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonDawg

Mstng2 supplied me with my pair
Founding Member
Hi all. I got my V8 radiator (finally) and now I need to know what to use to hook up the trans cooler tank to my AOD.
First, I dont think the cooling lines are pressurized, but it sure leaks like a siv when I use fuel line. So, what do ya'll use? Also, What fittings go into the tank itself? I called Summit, and they said its not the same stuff they have in their catalogue. So what fittings are they, and where do I get em? also what size?

Im sorry if these are dumb questions, but Im having a brain fart (new job n all)

Thanx for the help.
Jon. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Cooler lines are pressurized

Most of us use the stock steel lines, however I have been enterning the idea of new stainless braided rubber line front to back I have one small patch piece that works fine with hose clamps but looks like a$& :shrug:

JonDawg said:
First, I dont think the cooling lines are pressurized, but it sure leaks like a siv when I use fuel line. So, what do ya'll use? Also, What fittings go into the tank itself? So what fittings are they, and where do I get em? also what size?

Im sorry if these are dumb questions, but Im having a brain fart (new job n all)

Thanx for the help.
Jon. :banana:

They sure as hell are pressurized.
I have used steel brake lines. You can buy the line at Autozone. It has two fittings. You will have to match it up. Want to say 5/16" line but am unsure.
Then to go to rubber I use EFI rubber fuel line and add a flare at the end of the hard line for a better seal. Has worked for me.

Thanx all. Noone around here has a clue, so I had to ask the pros. Ill just take the radiator in to get the size of the fittings.

Now with the rubber lines, how do they seal to the steel lines? regular hose clamps? Ive got about 5" of steel line from the tranny, so if I can just flare it and put rubber lines on from there, so much the better.

JonDawg said:
Thanx all. Noone around here has a clue, so I had to ask the pros. Ill just take the radiator in to get the size of the fittings.

Now with the rubber lines, how do they seal to the steel lines? regular hose clamps? Ive got about 5" of steel line from the tranny, so if I can just flare it and put rubber lines on from there, so much the better.

[email protected]

You don't read replies to questions you post to The List ?

When putting your steel line to the flexable hose...( Fuel injection line or hydraulic hose )... use a double flaring tool on the steel line but don't do step two of the double flair.

This will leave like a bubble on the end of the line.

Kind of like this. <>=====

Wart said:
[email protected]

You don't read replies to questions you post to The List ?

What are you talking about Wart? I havent gotten a thing except the reply notes. I even checked my PMs here, and I got nothin?

If you sent something, Please send it again. Im sorry, but I didnt recieve it.
Nevermind, I found it. That list is quite a bit behind "real-time" since I had it condenced into multiple posts. :( So I just got it when I logged on.
I appreciate it.

Thanx Mark, and thanx everyone.

JonDawg said:
What are you talking about Wart? I havent gotten a thing except the reply notes. I even checked my PMs here, and I got nothin?

If you sent something, Please send it again. Im sorry, but I didnt recieve it.
Nevermind, I found it. That list is quite a bit behind "real-time" since I had it condenced into multiple posts. :( So I just got it when I logged on.
I appreciate it.

Thanx Mark, and thanx everyone.

Don't blame The List, Jon, you posted a question and you didn't bother checking back.

Jon, you recieved 3 replies within 18 hours after posting your question. And the information was much better than anything you received here.

Mark, Dont be a Dick!!!

Some of us have more things to do than sit in our basements and type on car lists all day. You know, theyre called "lives"
Now for those who are jealous of us with these "lives" I suggest you go find one of your own. Then maybe you wont be so bitchy when others dont kiss your ass within 10 minutes of your reply.

Now if ya wanna keep it up, just GET OFF MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!

JonDawg said:
Mark, Dont be a Dick!!!

Some of us have more things to do than sit in our basements and type on car lists all day. You know, theyre called "lives"

Don't put your faults on me, Kid.

You don't understand why someone would be irked when they have taken the time from their lives to answer a question only to find the person asking the question was so frigging lazy as to not check back, then makes excuses.?

Or is it that your so egotistical as to think yours is the only time that has value?

Or is there another purpose to this?

Come on, Jon, you can tell us.

Oh, God forbid someone leave you waiting mark. and for 18 hours too. Oh, the nerve!!! (and Im egotistical :rolleyes: )

Tell ya what, get up from behind your computer, walk out of your room, and take a look outside. Theres a bright orange ball in the sky, its called the sun. Go out and enjoy the heat.

After your playtime, we can talk more. Until then, Like I say, I have more than this piddly lil laptop to deal with.

So until you get over being a genital wart, I bid you adue!

Status
Not open for further replies.