Tranny guys give some input on this little issue I have

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
So I am replacing the clutch in my 87' GT. I have changed clutches before just never in a Mustang. There is this one 15mm bolt that secures the tranny to the bellhousing that I just cant get loose. I feel really dumb. It's the top driverside one. Anyone have any good tips or ideas thats done this before??? I would have had this thing put back together for the time its taken me on this one ass of a bolt.

• Sponsors (?)

I always have to use a short 3/8 drive socket, and then two extensionsabout 10 inches worth , and then a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter and my big ratchet. If that doesnt work, You could always just take the top bellhousing bolts off from the top, and then pull the tranny and bellhousing in one peice.

I always have to use a short 3/8 drive socket, and then two extensionsabout 10 inches worth , and then a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter and my big ratchet. If that doesnt work, You could always just take the top bellhousing bolts off from the top, and then pull the tranny and bellhousing in one peice.

I normally do it this way with an impact gun, but if I cant for some reason, I'll use a swivel socket.