Tranny issues

Onimere

Feb 20, 2004
Tranny pump?

So my transmission pump is shot to hell, and I was thinking can I put a AOD in my car instead of the AODE or can I go with a 4r70w :shrug: which would be easier? I can get a aod for 50 bucks and I think I can find a 4R70W also. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Onimere said:
So my transmission pump is shot to hell, and I was thinking can I put a AOD in my car instead of the AODE or can I go with a 4r70w :shrug: which would be easier? I can get a aod for 50 bucks and I think I can find a 4R70W also. thanks

we're not stuck with the crap automatics that come with our mustangs? I have a 2000 and I can get a transmission swap for $2200 from a crapmatic to a 5 speed tremec. Are there better autos available? I'd rather have a 5 speed but I'll go with the cheaper solution first...

peyotesands said:
we're not stuck with the crap automatics that come with our mustangs? I have a 2000 and I can get a transmission swap for $2200 from a crapmatic to a 5 speed tremec. Are there better autos available? I'd rather have a 5 speed but I'll go with the cheaper solution first...

your not stuck with a crapomatic :bang: , but if you go with a manual you will need to install a clutch, clutch plate, new computer and a bunch of other things. If you want the speed add a stage 3 shift kit :banana: , it helps. I just want to know if i can toss in a aod instead of an aode/4R70