Tranny Or Torque Converter?

Hi all!

'67 convertible with 289

I've had a chronic issue with either my transmission (C-4) or torque converter. Everything works just fine when cold or during light use. However, if I'm accelerating up a long hill when warm, I sometimes get a "FFFFT, FFFFT!" sound accompanied by a slipping sensation.

I'm not too familiar with transmissions, but it seems opposite of "morning sickness" of old seals. Unfortunately, I don't know the history of the transmission other than "it had been recently serviced" before I bought it a couple years ago.

Any input from you smart guys out there? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all!

'67 convertible with 289

I've had a chronic issue with either my transmission (C-4) or torque converter. Everything works just fine when cold or during light use. However, if I'm accelerating up a long hill when warm, I sometimes get a "FFFFT, FFFFT!" sound accompanied by a slipping sensation.

I'm not too familiar with transmissions, but it seems opposite of "morning sickness" of old seals. Unfortunately, I don't know the history of the transmission other than "it had been recently serviced" before I bought it a couple years ago.

Any input from you smart guys out there? Thanks!
Not a expert but I would say it need to be rebuilt. If it's slipping that's not good

Reactions: 1 user