trans cooler install write up for the 4r70w

• Sponsors (?)

If I get the B M cooler do the fittings work? I am a bit confused. Also what size hose do I need. How much more hose do I need. Thanks.

Well its only the return line female fitting that dont fit.... I had to get a 1/4" female brass coupling, along with a 1/4" brass male fitting with a 3/8" barb to attach a 3/8" hose....

as for teh hose get about 6Ft. worth of hose 3/8"

As most of you may already know, the fittings that come with the FRPP trans cooler (and, as I understand the B&M cooler) do not fit! After a lot of search I found a fitting at Summit Racing, # DER-13024 ($7.99). Installed it today and it works! BTW, on my car (2001 GT) the return line is really 3/8 and not 5/16 as some have claimed in this forum...

I know this is an old thread but everyone goes back to it because nobody else wants to elaborate on it!

I have a 2000 Mustang GT and I bought the B&M Supercooler with the kit with the brass fitting to connect to the hard transmission return line. The fitting was too SMALL! I ended up finding a combination of a compressor fitting and the brass fittings that came with the kit that worked. Still I paid ten dollars for that one fitting that was supposed to work!!!

Ok, i have no friggen clue what im doing wrong. i bought 2 1/4 female couplings, and neither one fits on the return line, not even close, i even went to home depot with the pic above...the guy gave me the EXACT ones, and it doesn't fit, so what gives? are you sure you have the right size listed? cause im beyond frustrated with this,