Trans mount question

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
My trans mount is basically shot on my driver which is a 3.8 auto but I don't really want to replace it with a stock one. I don't see any parts listed from Energy for a poly trans mount. I'm wondering if Ford used the same mount for manual/auto trans on the SN95s ? If so, are the v8/v6 mounts the same ? If they are, I'll replace my mount now, if not I'll put a new mount in when I get a 5 speed/v8 setup.

• Sponsors (?)

I called a Ford parts department today and they told me that there is a different mount for V6 and the GT but it doesn't matter if they are manual/auto. Apparently the GT and the V6 each have their own mount but it is not dependant upon the type of trans you have. I'm wondering if the mounts change the pinion angle for the trans or if the only difference is where the electrical connectors go ?

Anyone got any idea ? I don't want to put in another rubber mount that is going to wear out in another 40,000 miles.

Honestly I've had the rubber mount on mine for a while and haven't had any issues. You will notice more vibrations with the poly mount. Just an FYI.

As far as pinion angles I'm not sure but the crossbrace may be in a different position is why the mount may be different.

I know I'll have more vibration with the poly mount but I can live with that. My rubber one is trashed at this point and I don't wana have to replace it again later. The poly mount is only like 20 bux more then the rubber one from Ford which seems to be the only place to get a rubber one.

I called another Ford dealer and talked to the parts department. He said the other guy was on crack and that they are all the same even for the Cobra. I don't think Energy bothered to check and they just assumed it only fit the GT.