Transmission Cooler

My Mustang has been having overheating issues of lately, and even with the addition of a Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan Kit and a new Mustangs Plus 4-Row Radiator it tends to heat up quickly. It's not nearly as bad as before but I would like to have it running as cool as possible and am considering buying just about anything with the word "cool" in it, like a Transmission Cooler. However I don't know if this would help, or if it is even neccesary on a mostly stock car. Can anyone help in explaining what it actually does? Would it help cool or protect the engine? Is it recommended by anyone? Is it easy to install? Thanks for helping out.

• Sponsors (?)

A transmission cooler, does exactly that, cools the fluid going into the transmission. The two main reasons a tranny breaks down is from heat and dirt. So if u can cool the tranny fluid then you are helping your transmission. It wont actually help your overheating problem on the engine in any way, but it is a good idea on a daily driver.

transmission coolers are always a good idea with automatic transmissions. Do it. When you say the engine heats up quickly, what makes you think something is a-miss? Are you going by the reading on the stock gauge, or do you have a mechanical one?