Transmission decision

Feb 27, 2007
MA
408w N/A planning around 500-550HP going to be 98% street car, never going to rev past 6500.
Looking at manual transmissions, I know the t56 mag, is the way to go but is it worth the extra $600 that it now costs over the TKO600? I want something that I can get a blow proof bellhousing for because that's not a chance I'm willing to take.

• Sponsors (?)

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I really like the tko600. I really want a t56 though, just too much money. The tko will work fine with your engine.

Feb 2, 2004
Des plaines, IL
I switched from the TKO600 to the T56 Magnum - the close ratio version. I like it a lot more, the gear ratios are equally spaced. When I had the TKO600, there was a big difference from 4th to 5th that would bog down the engine.

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I went back and read it (if your talking about the thread) and I will admit that I know little about the physical difference, I knew there was a non stock bell housing, I was wondering about any differences in shifter, drive shaft length, imput shaft and sensor/sender or speedometer cables. You know, important info that I'll never use, it's like buying stuff you don't need.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I went back and read it (if your talking about the thread) and I will admit that I know little about the physical difference, I knew there was a non stock bell housing, I was wondering about any differences in shifter, drive shaft length, imput shaft and sensor/sender or speedometer cables. You know, important info that I'll never use, it's like buying stuff you don't need.
MM&FF did several articles on this car. It really is a cool build for those in tree hugger states